My Honest Review of Ebates

Discussion in Online Shopping started by GSBryce • Jan 8, 2013.

1. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    Ok, the commerical sucked me in. All these happy people holding up their "Big Fat Check" by just shopping online. Really? Seems a little too good to be true. I am however an avid online shopper, so I thought I would atleast check it out.

I visisted

and noticed they were giving away a free bonus just for joining. This had me even more intrigued. I thought, well it's free, so what is there to lose? They currently had 5 gift cards to choose from. I picked the $10.00 Target gift card, and then began to browse around the site. It seemed completely legitimate to me. I couldn't find anything negative. Now, what's next?

has hundreds of stores they partner with, examples are Wal-Mart, Target, Babies R Us, Walgreens, the list is incredible. Pretty much what you do is before you make a purchase online, log in to your

account to see if the store you are wanting to shop at is a partner with

. Once you find the store, it currently tells you what the cash back percentage is. These percentages can change anytime by the way.

I was doing some early Christmas shopping and thought I would see what Target had to offer.

was currently paying back 2%. I went ahead, found some items I wanted and purchased them as usual. Sure enough within about 5 business days the 2% of my purchase was credited to my

account. This actually works.

So, how do you get your cash back?

issues their rebates back to their members on a quarterly basis either by paper check, or Paypal. You can view the payout date on the Account Info after you sign in.

So far, I have been extremely pleased with

and actually have enjoyed getting a little cash back from my usual purchases. Also, the gift card bonus I chose arrived at my house within 2 weeks of me signing up! Pretty cool if you ask me.

I have only enountered one problem with

where I wasn't correctly credited my cash back. You can visit their Contact Us section and state your problem. Well, they are completely dedicated to customer service. I was responded to, and credited the cash in less than 24 hours. Definitely need to check them out if you're an online shopper.

2. weddingbands12

weddingbands12Banned

Threads:
    Thanks for these information , nice website , I really like it ..

3. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    This is a great post, full of useful information about Ebates. I recently started using Ebates, after hearing from many friends that it was totally worth it. I think it's a great site. While I don't do a ton of online shopping, it's always nice to see if Ebates has a coupon code or a cash back linked to whatever you were going to buy anyway. I can't wait until the holiday season when I can buy a ton of things online using Ebates. Between getting gift cards off of sites like Swagbucks and using Ebates to get cash back, I'd be surprised if I even used a fraction of what I used for gifts just this past holiday season.

The only downside to Ebates (which can, actually, be viewed as an upside, too) is that they don't pay out on demand. They pay you out quarterly. So, you don't see the savings right away. However, this can also be an upside too - because you'll suddenly find yourself with a nice hefty check that you were not expecting.

4. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Great review! I also use ebates. There's another site similar that I use more, which is shopathome.com

5. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    The question is: Is the time it takes to do all that stuff with ebates worth what you get in return?

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I'm always doing online shopping especially on places like amazon and ebay do they have those on their site? And also i have had some cash back sites like ebates but usually there are certain items that are only cash back so can you buy whatever you want and still get the cash back?

7. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure what you mean by "all the stuff with ebates." You don't do anything except go to the ebates site first, then go to the company/store/website you want to shop at. You don't do anything in ebates. All you have to do is be logged into ebates, then go on the websites you want to start shopping. The reason you get the cash-back bonuses is because ebates can track the fact that you went on ebates, then FROM ebates you clicked on another link, then you shopped like normal.

For an extra 30 seconds to make sure I'm logged into ebates, it certainly is worth it to save money on something I had planned on getting anyway.

8. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    This is a great review of Ebates. I was considering joining myself, but was a little hesitant because I was trying to figure out what the catch was. I have yet to find anything and I will definitely register my account and try it out after reading this.

9. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    No amazon or ebay yet. I don't know if amazon will ever join one of those programs. But no limitation on what you can buy. For some sites, like travelocity you get different amounts of cash back depending what you buy, but you still get money back everywhere.

10. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I love Ebates. I had tried another site with the same concept, but I should have checked it out before I signed up. Their customer service was non existent. The cash back was higher, but what good does that do if your purchase never posts to your account. I just stick with Ebates now. I want to kick myself if I buy something and forget to click through their site.

11. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I hear ya! I was buying plane tickets a few days ago, two one way tickets. FOr the first one I remembered to go through the ebates link, but for the second one I totally forgot! It's only $3.00 but that's $3.00 I could have had for nothing :(

12. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    They sometimes will do Amazon.com purchases, but they have to be specific purchases (clothes from Amazon, women's jewelry, etc.). So, I'll always use the link to get to Amazon.com because who knows if my purchase will actually get me cash back. I'm sure that they'll never do something like eBay because the majority of eBay is people/companies buying/selling to each other - not eBay selling it to us.

13. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah that's true, sometimes they will do it from certain departments at amazon. So it's a good thing to go through the link just in case!

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Great review full of information. Now that you have given me all the information I need, I will be able to go to the site and save some time looking around. I don't purchase much online but will still sign up to Ebates to save what I can when I do shop.