My Iphone 4s Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by MikeyPaine • Mar 13, 2015.

1. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I'll be getting a new phone soon, the iPhone 6, and it seemed appropriate to reflect on my experience with the 4S.

I was surprised how many hits it could take before it started to show some wear on the back, the cracking of the back only started a month ago after many numerous drops. The battery life hasn't been amazing, but it's been okay for a phone almost two years old. Every iPhone seems to boast "better battery life" so hopefully that's true. What Apple really does best is the user interface, which has been great and is the reason I will continue to buy iPhones.

That what I think, but what about you? :)

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I liked my 4s for the time I had it. It had its flaws, but they mostly seemed to do with particular software updates and not the hardware of the phone itself.

The biggest hardware issue was its overheating issues, though. This killed wifi and bluetooth capabilities for many phones when it'd happen the first time and they didn't have a legit fix for it. They wouldn't honor replacing or repairing them either, so it sucked.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had my iPhone for a couple of years, too; but I can't remember if it was a 4 or a 5 , to be truthful. In any case, it is a terrific phone, and I have never had any kind of troubles with mine.
    I also have an iPad, and I just love how I can take pictures with the iPhone and they will transfer to the iPad. I hated having to go through all the hassle of connecting the digital camera to the computer and downloading pictures.
    I also like that I can use my bluetooth headphones and listen to music at night, or play a motivational tape.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree the 4s was a nice phone. I also dropped mine a couple of times and it still works until today. I just stopped using it just because I've gotten more used to watching and playing on bigger screens and I also needed to upgrade OS to keep up with the new apps. I'm still amazed that it's working just fine after all the years of abuse it took from me though.

5. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I also have my Iphone 4s. It is my first Iphone and I must say I quite satisfied with it. However I replace it with Samsung Galaxy S4 because of its wider screen and Samsung maintenance is quite cheaper than Iphone.

6. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    This was my first Iphone which I loved! I still use my a little but have recently got the Xperia z3 compact which I think is a bit faster than the 4s.

I think Iphones are going up in price every time they come out, which is why I got my new phone instead of the latest Iphone. It is s shame though because I love the app store and the overall layout of an Iphone, much more than android.

7. Rowan

RowanNew Member

Threads:
    Personally, I would have gotten a Galaxy or LG because they are a lot more powerful than the newest Apple products.
    To put this in perspective, the Samsung Galaxy 4 has 2048 Mbs of RAM.
    This was released some time ago, two new phones came out already.
    The IPhone 6 has 1024 Mbs of RAM.
    The iPad Air 2 is the first model to come with 2048 Mbs of RAM.

8. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I think that it's good enough for a period of time, but then the iPhone 4s would start getting slow due to lacking memory and CPU speed, which would actually need better specifications, and an upgrade would be required to run more applications without having your phone fry eggs on it.

9. jfab

jfabNew Member

Threads:
    I love my iPhone 4s. It has served me well. The fact that they added Siri made it all even cooler. I still use it as my backup phone since I now own an iPhone 6 plus.

10. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    That's awesome. I love the fact that you can use the old phones as a backup, and also make good use of it. I know for sure that you can also use it to make a virtual router and it's really amazing and can be really helpful at times. There's just really good uses in it, and you can invest surely in it without any troubles and it would be really helpful to not sell it. I never sold any of my previous devices.

11. kofter128

kofter128New Member

Threads:
    I've never personally owned an iPhone, but I can confirm some of the things you said - the iPhone 4S in particular is a sturdy device. I know this because a lot of my friends own a 4S and I've witnessed them taking solid hits and still suffering low to none damage. About the battery life, it's normal for a an old phone to have a weak battery, in time they just get worse, unlike wine or women :D
    All in all, I like how Apple phones look and feel and I'll surely be getting one somewhere in the near future. Take care.

12. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    This was actually my first smartphone which I had the occassion to put my hands on, and I must say I was utmost satisfied wih it, in spite of the negative reviews it was being given by Android fans. This bias conception we have of Apple is simply unfounded. I now posssess an iPhone 6 and this is probably the best phone I've ever had the occassion of putting my hands on, really. Android is good, too, but not as flexible I'm afraid.

13. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used an Apple device until I got an iPhone 4s about a few months ago. It's a hand-me-down, and the previous user had it for like five years before switching to a newer iPhone model.

Ever since I started using this 4s, I was using an Xperia Ray (Android ICS). There are a lot of differences. One, the battery life of the 4s is better. The touch screen is way more responsive. Likewise, the overall interface looks better. I thought that I will not use an Apple device ever because I love Android. Now, I am eating my own words.