My neighbors pet

Discussion in Pets started by atribble73 • Jul 24, 2014.

1. atribble73

atribble73Member

Threads:
    My neighbor invited me over to her house one day and wanted me to see her new pet, and asked would I hold it if she showed it to me; all depends. lol
    When she came out of Her Room with their new snake (boa 5ft long), I have to honestly say that I ran! I don't judge others for owning certain animals and such, but a snake? lol
    I guess I am just used to owning either dogs or cats, the normal, nothing exotic.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I were in your shoes, I would have touched the snake if she would hold it securely in front of me, because I have never felt a snake's skin before. But that's just me, since I'm not scared of snakes at all in the first place. But I guess you had a snake phobia to begin with, that's why you ran away and got scared.

3. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I would have ran too, and probably gotten really angry at my neighbor for not telling me what kind of pet. But really I think I would have asked before agreeing to see it and if they didn't told me I would consider it red flag. I fear snakes, it's irrational and I can't control it. I don't understand why people keep snakes as pets because they don't give the same affection dogs and cats do and you can't play with them.

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    That would freak me out as well, even though I'm not particularly scared of snakes either. That was kind of rude to ask you if you would hold that snake, but I guess she was just playing with you for shock value. Don't snakes carry certain diseases like salmonella is that just other reptiles? But to each his own I guess. I just wouldn't want to feed it, they eat live rodents!