My Phone Cannot "read" Micro 120 Sd Card!

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by EditorsRHumansToo! • Apr 25, 2015.

1. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo!Member

Threads:
    I got my very new phone which has the storage capacity 120GB last Christmas. I availed of the $110 micro 120 SD card in January. Today, my phone says "Mount SD card". We tried checking what happened. And my computer card-reader cannot show any files I stored. Later on, my hubby tried to reformat it. But my supposedly 120GB has only been 8.4 MB all along!

We traced the seller from eBay. eBay Admin removed the seller from selling again. What do you suggest that we should do next time?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I'd start by not purchasing SD cards used from eBay again, or even new from unscrupulous sellers. You're better off paying a few extra bucks to get it new from a manufacturer or actual retailer because storage products are often knock-offs or of a lower capacity from used marketplaces.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You sure it's not just the phone not being able to read the card? Most phones can't read every card you throw at them, and I think that every phone has an upper limit as to how big of a card you can fit into it. 120GB sounds like something phones won't be able to support, unless they are the newest models.