My Review Of Shopping Online On Walmart

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by suegiplaye • Jul 21, 2015.

1. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    My review of shopping on Walmart is that it is not that different as shopping in person. If I was to compare the prices of how much the items cost in the store and how much the items cost online, I would have to say it is pretty much the same.I only do not like that sometimes stuff is out of stock at store. You will always find what you need online .

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping online at Walmart.com to shopping in the store because all of their stock is not displayed in their store.
    They might have 20 different coffee makers in the store, but on the site they have hundreds to choose from.
    Shipping is free on many items and if you use a site like Ebates, you can actually get cash back for your Walmart.com purchases.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Rebates and cashback are the best thing about shopping online. Aside from the convenience of course. Always remember to use a cashback site whenever you can, it's surprising how much can build up.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear that the Walmart online service is good. Their UK counterparts, ASDA offer a great online service too. Admittedly, I'm not a fan of their groceries but their non-food items and clothes are fantastic value.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Strangely, I've had the exact opposite experience when shopping online at Walmart.com vs. shopping in the store - their website was often out of stock on items that they always have in stock at their store. I tried ordering some athletic shorts and t-shirts via Walmart.com because I couldn't drive at the time, and they had almost nothing in my size. I could have walked into any Wal Mart location and found them on the racks though, with plenty in stock. Not to mention, buying them online cost me more due to the shipping costs, and it took several days for the stuff to arrive.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like the shopping environment in Walmart the physcial store. Also, I find you can often find items on Walmart.com that you do not necessarily find in the Walmart physical store. The only problem is paying to have the items shipped. It is not generally possible for me to pick the items up at a Walmart store as most of them are located at least 45 minutes from my home. So, I often do look at Walmart.com to compare prices with what is actually available in the stores.

6. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy shopping at walmart.com, as opposed to the brick and mortars. For one thing, I obviously don't have the crowds to deal with. Also, there are no over-worked employees, who hate their jobs, glaring at or ignoring me. LOL The selection is always better, and when my order comes in, I can just walk to the back of the store and pick it up.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Great to know this. Sometimes what you need is at Walmart but you don't have the time to go over there or you can't leave waiting for someone coming to visit.

I have seen that Walmart offers online service, but I had once an issue ordering via phone and was unsure to try the online service.

Thanks for posting your review :)

8. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the review! I've actually never shopped on Walmart online before because they have so many stores around my home but from your experience it seems like it's the same as walking into the store. If the prices are the same then I don't see why not do your shopping from the computer instead of wasting your gas to drive over. But I just need to make sure that they offer free shipping because I absolutely can't stand having to pay for shipping because if so, then I'd rather just go to the store and pick it up myself. It really depends on the shipping for me.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with the statement that the item may not be in the store butor you can find it online. I was looking for a desk for my grandson at the store, I went online and found the item and had to go right back to ck bsame store and pick it up. I think it is also a good idea to ask the sales person if they have any in stock before assuming they were sold out.

10. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you spend over $50 at Walmart.com, the shipping is free. Also, if you purchase the item online, you can use Ebates to get a little money back on your purchase. Walmart is also trying out a new system where you can pay $50 for a membership to obtain free shipping on most items for the next year. It's similar to Amazon Prime, but half the cost, and with no television shows or movies included.

11. Gloryontheway

GloryonthewayNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite store to shop online is Walmart. What a huge difference between shopping online and shopping in the store. When I go into Walmart, I get really annoyed with the limited choice selections. When I look online I am absolutely blown away at the huge difference in the amount of selections that are offered. I also like the online feature that allows you to zoom in real close to the items you are looking to buy. One of my favorite department in the Walmart online store is the bedding. It takes me days to decide on what comforter or sheet sets to purchase, all because of the many choice selections. I just love shopping at Walmart online.

12. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Every time I do an online order, I learn what to order and what not to order online, for home delivery. The latest thing NOT to order online for home delivery is freeze pops. I never thought there would be an issue, since they're obviously delivered around the country, at least, if not the world, apparently without issues, but for some reason, when I got my order, some of them had opened, and the box was sopping wet. I had to toss the box, and dump all of the freeze pops in the sink to be washed off, then dried out, before I could store or freeze them.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like walmart online, and that goes both for the regular website and for the grocery delivery website. It's easy to go through and pick stuff and and delivery is very efficient. No complaints for me.