My Super Saving Shopping Formula! What's yours?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by TheAspertarian • Sep 16, 2013.

1. TheAspertarian

TheAspertarianNew Member

Threads:
    I do a lot of shopping on line because I hate stores (plus it is so much easier to comparison shop!).

My formula that works well for me:

I go through Ebates and select my store, find my product and begin check out.
    I search online for a coupon and apply it at check out.

I get the coupon savings AND the cash back from Ebates!
    This works awesome for me!

What is your super saving shopping formula?

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I only take limited money to shopping, i never take a credit card. Two things that i really would have liked? Too bad, got to choose only one because i don't have more money.
    It works wonders!

3. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Wow that a heads up! You actually made me think of getting into online shopping more.
    Currently, I was actually planning on how to manage coupons and stuff to save at least 80 to 90% in groceries and department stores which the TV series Extreme Couponing influenced me too.
    I may as well look into your formula and incorporate it to my own and study how to save more through online shopping.

4. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    If I go shopping I limit what I buy. I only look for what I need and not of the things that I want but not really necessary. One time I bought a sweatshirt at macy's for $50. after few weeks I saw the same thing at kohls for $25. That was horrible. Now I don't buy much in macy's. I also look for sales online. I save lot from it.

5. TheAspertarian

TheAspertarianNew Member

Threads:
    I make a list and follow it explicitly. If it isn't on the list, I don't get it.

6. TheAspertarian

TheAspertarianNew Member

Threads:
    As for online shopping, Walmart.com has $.97 shipping on many items so I check there because they have good prices too. (they offer 1% back on ebates).
    I look at different stores, Walgreens is usually pretty great and offer 8% back at ebates. Amazon offers up to 3% - I am also a Prime member on Amazon so many of my Amazon purchases have free shipping.

7. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with you 100%. Online shopping (especially for kids' clothes) has become my new must-do. I also use Ebates, and I almost always buy in the off season so I hit some ridiculous good deals.

I also typically do a one-time outlet mall run, about once a year. This is sort of a bonding thing with my mom, so it is as much a relational building time as it is a shopping trip. But to be honest, in the last two years, I've found the best deals for things online, so I often get discouraged in the store when I realize I could do better from the comfort of my own home.

I've also found that when it comes to kids SHOES, the selection in the store is always limited, and you have to put up with all the other kids running around. Ugh. My kids have had a very steady growth pattern, so I'm lucky that sizing is pretty easy for me. Things don't tend to fit them weird if I stick with brands I know and trust.