Name A City You'd Like To Get Lost In

Discussion in Travel started by angelicagapit • Jan 22, 2015.

1. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I know it's quite dangerous to get lost in a city and not know the next step of what to do.

However, if you were to choose, which city would you like to get lost in?

I don't have a specific city. I actually have a country. I would definitely want to get lost in Europe. The cultures are so diverse there, so many different languages, all kinds of people. I would definitely want to get lost there and simply have an adventure. I want to experience everything in brand new eyes.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy getting lost in cities and exploring. I have been to Rome before and I would go again and get lost there and the same with Paris. They are both safe, but rather than do the tourist spots, you can wander around and find out buildings and shops and see how the city grew.

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I'd like to get lost in Tokyo! I think there's so much to discover in that city! Sometimes, when you have a well-planned trip, you miss out on amazing things that you can only possibly discover by accident. For example, you may not realize that there's a very interesting restaurant in a very small road that tourists don't normally go to. You may not pay attention to the beauty of a wall's mural. There are so many things to discover if only things will happen by accident.

4. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to get lost in Venice. There seems to be so much culture and beauty you could just explore and enjoy. I love Paris as well, but I have already been there, so I don't think I could get lost there. Although, if I had to choose a place to really live in, it would be Paris.

5. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to get lost in New York City. I have never been but from what I hear or see in the media, its a city full of uniqueness and culture. I love photography and can just imagine the sights I would be able to capture. Mind you, it might not be the safest place to get lost in, but it would be an experience.

6. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Well, you know... Europe is not a country. It's a complete continent. To get lost in it would require a lot of trekking for sure.

Like Juno said though -- Venice. Venice is what I think about when I think of "city to get lost in". Because I actually wandered around that city and it was lovely and getting lost in it is pretty much the coolest thing you can do in it!

But to be honest, I'd like to get lost in any nice city... unless it was known for its criminality, of course.

Tokyo was hellish to get lost into, though. SO many people, SO many streets, and so few people knowing how to direct us back! XD

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd be okay getting lost in almost any city as long as it's a clean one, but as for my personal preference I guess I would pick somewhere like Tokyo or Paris to get lost in because they are both cities that I think I would enjoy very much regardless of whether or not I know my way. Of course I'd still like to find my hotel room after getting lost all day so I can rest properly.

8. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    You know what they say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, I would love to get lost in Vegas, just let down my guard and do some crazy things, seems like the city you can just let loose and get away with it.

9. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I would love to get lost in Toronto. I have always wanted to visit Canada because I was a big fan of Degrassi and would love to explore the area. I just need to get me a passport!

10. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's probably going to be in Paris where I would want myself to get lost in. I think it's because of my obsession with their music and romantic music. During the romantic era, Paris was the music capital of the world. I want to get myself lost in there and find how it would have felt to live like in those era. And because I know I wouldn't be able to do that if I keep myself immersed from reality and conscious of the city. So I'd really have to get lost.

11. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite one is new york. I would love to explore all attractive spots of that fabulous region. It offers some of best mesmerizing attractions. Those captivating places grabs the attentions of visitors towards it.What you say about NYC.....???

12. DejiK

DejiKMember

Threads:
    I'd love to get lost in Tokyo. Just so I can amble around and sample the best food in the world from the 14 (FOURTEEN!) 3 Star Michelin restaurants :)

13. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't want to get lost in any city, small or big. However I do not mind exploring a city!

The city I would like to get lost in would be Nassau, Bahamas! It's where a lot of rich people place their investments and riches at, it's on a tropical island and has pretty good weather I can tolerate, plenty of beach, the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort is located there, and plenty of hot womans will be there to mingle with. I personally do not see why people wouldn't want to explore the city of Nassau!

14. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to get lost in Paris. I haven’t been there but I usually see the place in movies and it looks like a really great city to get lost in. The tourist spots are nice and scenic. The vibe it shows is very romantic and light-hearted. It has pretty lights at night and the people seem nice and approachable. I hope that one day I can get lost in this city and explore it in an amazing way.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would not mind getting lost in Paris France. I have been wanting to go there for years, I would go to the art museum, travel the roads that I have read about in all of my books. The story of the French Revolution has always been of interest to me.

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind getting lost in Kyoto, Japan. Tokyo's much too huge and overcrowded to get lost in. I might end up in a Yakuza's den and be sold to black market human traffickers - God forbid. But Kyoto is just absolutely beautiful especially in spring. It would be an honor to get lost in a city with breathtaking cherry and plum blossoms and take temporary shelter in any of those Bakufu era temples and castles.

17. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Probably New York, I think. I've been there a few times but it's still an amazing city and I know that I've seen very little of it beyond the obvious tourist areas. It would be great just to walk around and just fall upon something amazing.

18. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I would say it's going to be a battle between New York (the city that never sleeps) and Paris (the most romantic city in the world). I have always wanted to see the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower in person. I would also want to explore their streets, take beautiful pictures of their gorgeous scenery, taste their delicious foods/delicacies, meet their local people, and just to have fun. :D

19. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Cool. Based on experience NYC and Paris are both great if you have a tour guide; I don't know about getting lost in them though. NYC has a lot of crime depending on the borough and Paris shines best if you stick to the popular tourist spots, not in the shady areas. Ever heard of Paris syndrome? The Japanese were not just making it up...

As for a city that I pleasantly got lost on, Singapore city is by far the best. Every district is so neatly packed and there's reliable transportation everywhere. Take a bus to any destination and wander from there. If you decide to get UN-lost just take the train.
    Cities that I haven't had the pleasure of getting lost in, but want to, include: Tokyo, Hong Kong, Kaoshiung, and London.

20. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I have actually had the experience of getting lost in New York City, and I enjoyed it! Between walking around Rockefeller center and other land marks, I had a fun time walking around the Big Apple all day. I got to try some good food, watched some filming for Conan, and visited the Nintendo store. It was a good day!