Natural cure for cold?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by chiofthenorns • Oct 2, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I feel so awful right now. I think I got sick because my nephews also got colds. Sadly, I cannot take cold medicines all the time because my stomach gets upset with some brands. I was wondering if anyone here can suggest ways on how to cure colds naturally. Thank you!

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Take vitamin c tablets, 1000mg every three to four hours, lots of warm drinks and rest. Take a hot bath to steam out and clear the nasal passages with some eucalyptus oil and then sleep after that. Eat soup, small portions as it is a fluid and will keep your energy up, put it in a mug and drink it like that.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Steam your self and your nose specially. Go to a sauna!!! It's what my grandmother used to do to me, whenever I have cold. She was not giving me any medicine or any chemical aid for cold, not that she doesn't believe in those, but if there's a natural way to cure an illness, she'd rather go try it first. And if it didn't work that's the only time that she's going to move one to what medical practitioners would insist to take for cure.

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had a full blown cold or flu in at least 5 years because the minute I feel a tickle in my throat I will drink lemon juice the kind you can just pick up in most grocery stores with no sugar in it. I mix it with water, and I take Echinacea and golden seal. Also a good way to help prevent colds is to cut back on the sugar you eat because sugar can really be a vessel for toxins and bacteria to enter your body. It weakens the immune system.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could also try this:

Consume a mixture of honey and lemon juice. Mix them in the ratio of 2:1 tablespoons. This will speed up your recovery. It is believed that honey kills viruses which cause colds.

To make the mixture you made even more potent, make ginger tea and add your lemon juice-honey mixture to it because ginger is also used for treatment of colds.