Need A New Ultrabook, Also Would Like To Continue Gaming

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by MrSuperCoolPenguin • Feb 12, 2015.

1. MrSuperCoolPenguin

MrSuperCoolPenguinNew Member

Threads:
    Next year I am starting AP Computer Science at my high school, followed by Oracle Academy. These classes are better with computers I hear from my friends, and therefore I am currently looking for an ultrabook that will not be that heavy; however, I also want to continue gaming.

The games I mostly play are Counter Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends, Guild Wars 2, and Hearthstone, all which have mac ports. This makes Apple vs Windows based laptops not that important for me. I also wish to dual boot Linux with whatever operating system I am using. Does anyone know any good computers that fit these stipulations? Right now I have looked at the current IRIS Pro Macbooks, as well as the previous gen Nvidia ones.

2. Aasif Khan

Aasif KhanMember

Threads:
    If budget is not a concern get the Razer Blade 14 2015. It is not an ultrabook per-se, but it is sleek and portable than most other gaming laptops. There is some serious firepower under the hood. It got an overkill of a display too (QHD+). Also checkout the MSI Ghost and Acer Nitro series.

3. xpictoc

xpictocNew Member

Threads:
    I believe MSI has a few 13" gaming ultrabooks, as Aasif Khan mentioned be prepared to pay a premium price, smaller size generally costs more especially if it contains a good GPU and CPU. You may be able to find one for less on certain second hand websites. I bought mine used - later found out the previous owner only used it twice, he sold it for 200€ below market value!