Need Help Finding Yarn In Wholesale?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jasmine2015 • Oct 10, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I knit and crochet my own items for sale but paying for yarn in retail prices is killing my profit. Does anyone know of some companies that sell yarn wholesale? I tend to buy in bulk to save me money as well as to trips to the store. It doesn't matter if the company is American, Chinese or any other country.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know about wholesale, but you could try looking on eBay, Herrschner's, Knitting Warehouse, etc. Those are all online, and so the prices should be lower. The trend seems to be toward high end goods from what I've seen, with small companies popping up with hand dyed wood, hand spun (not that they're not using a spinning wheel, but it's not factory spun), etc., and items made with those products are fetching much higher sales prices. Of course the problem with that is trying to afford the yarn up front, which can be prohibitive, depending upon your budget.

3. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Oops, that should be hand dyed wood, not wood. Grrr, wish I could edit it still. Another thing to watch is for sales. Sign up for emails or other alerts when the craft and sewing stores are having sales, so you know which one to go to. If you use a particular brand, weight or style, you could try to search online and see if they are sold in bulk anywhere, and invest in a larger lot of them, which should translate into savings.

4. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    OK thanks. By me not having a car, I'm limited to either buying online or where ever the bus can take me. I will make sure to sign up for Walmart emails. They have some yarn there.

5. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I didn't have a vehicle for years, so I understand. The one I have now isn't all that reliable, so I mainly shop online, which is how I've gotten some good deals on the sites mentioned. I tend to look for deals where the shipping is free if I buy so much (if I'm planning to buy a lot anyway), or for online coupons that will give free shipping. There are usually some deals like that if you look around online, and if you are familiar with the brands and types of yarns already, that is a big help.