Need honest reviews on Windows 8

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by avihabibi • Mar 29, 2013.

1. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Guys should I upgrade to Windows 8? I need honest reviews on that. Pros and cons would be helpful. What about the speed? Some people say in order to fully utilize Windows 8, you should be having a strong system. How much space does it take? Please share your opinions on this. At the moment I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. So you can always do a comparison. Thanks

2. riku517

riku517New Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I would stick with Windows 7. Windows 8, to me is more of a mobile OS that is curtailed to touchscreen devices. In my experience, it's way too much of a hassle to use regardless of the increase in power it claims to have over Windows 7. Some pros are that it looks decent, some cons are: too user friendly, wifi connectivity issues (but this could be the laptop's fault), and the layout isn't what a typical windows user would expect (though it is fairly easy to get used to).

#2Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  3. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I upgraded to Windows 8 a month ago. So far so good. It's been faster since I upgraded. Although there are a few items that hubby and I changed, like defaulting the startup to desktop and putting back START menu and the gadgets, just installed free apps/software to do that. :rolleyes: I don't use the tiled screen as I don't like it. So now, I'm running Windows 8 looking like Windows 7. :D