Neil Gaiman Books, Which One Is Your Favorite?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by leovew • Jun 14, 2015.

1. leovew

leovewNew Member

Threads:
    I was a YA, romantic novel reader ever since I was in high school not until I stumbled across Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane eBook last 2011. Ever since, my cravings for books have changed. I wanted to taste the complexity of this them and at the simplicity of narration of Neil Gaiman's books. I have discovered his short stories and have read them all. Aside from the Ocean at the End of the Lane, I also like his collaboration with Al Sarrantonio titled Stories.

Have you read Neil Gaiman's works? Which one was your favorite?

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I am not really a huge fan of Neil Gaiman, but I have already read one of his works entitled "Coraline." I absolutely loved it. I have also seen its animated movie version and it was also fantastic. :)

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've likewise seen Coraline and I agree that it's really interesting - a bit dark but totally enjoyable plot. I also saw the movie Stardust, top-billed by Claire Danes and Charlie Cox. The story hooked me and I love how the fantasy elements were presented to the audience. After watching it, I searched the movie online to glean more information and learned that it's actually based on a book of the same title, written by none other than Neil Gaiman. I ended up reading and loving it. The author has a deep way of looking at things. His dark fantasy literary pieces are awesome.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve only read Coraline, American Gods, and Anansi Boys. I enjoyed them all, but Anansi Boys was probably my favorite. All of the above did make me want to check out more of his work. I just haven’t gotten around to it because my to-read list is so long already, haha.

5. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    My all time favorite Neil Gaimen is his collaboration with Terry Prachett, "Good Omens." American Gods and The Graveyard Book are close to that one on my list though. I honestly haven't read a single book by him that I haven't enjoyed but I enjoy some more than others.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah, I love that one! I guess I didn’t count it because it was a collab, haha. It’s one of my go-to books when I’m a little bit down and I need a laugh. I’m always recommending it to people, too. High five!