Never underestimate a small amount of money.

Discussion in Food & Drink started by prettycolors • May 7, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know where to post this video, but since it's about a guy that sells potato peelers, I think it goes in the food & drink section.

I'm sharing this video to illustrate the importance of saving money, little by little. This guy sold potato peelers all his life, for like 5$ a piece. And you know what he became? A millionaire! Granted, his skills for selling are amazing, better than most. And I don't say we'll became millionaires by chasing good deals or saving some cash here and there, but we'll sure as hell go a few steps further in life.

[video=youtube;Krusn0Mo3Po]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krusn0Mo3Po[/video]

2. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    This guy does have a pretty good technique. He's also asking for a simple amount of money, something most people will probably have in cash.

A lot of people underestimate how much a few cents here and there costs. A dime adds up after a few things, and that's a dollar lost. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    That's pretty amazing. It is nuts what people get rich off of these days. I definitely give mad props and respect to those who work hard to bring in some decent moolah.

4. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    This is truly an inspiring story. Thanks so much for sharing it! Last night, I attended a home jewelry party held by one of my friends. She was selling jewelry that was horribly overpriced, imo. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty, but I can't imagine myself paying $95 for a costume jewelry bracelet. After the party was over, she had no sales and no profit. Right now, I am wondering how much money she would've made if she just would've tried to sell something as basic as a potato peeler.

Thanks again for this video! :)

5. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    How amazing! While a lot of people are dreaming to become millionaires by jumping into thinking of where to get a large amount of money per month that will soon accumulate itself to a million, they actually forgot that every cents count. I love this story and I'm truly inspired. I always dream of being rich myself and I'm glad to be able to learn from people like him. Thanks for sharing this!

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Anyone can become a millionaire so they say, just as long as you're willing to work smart and save as much as you can. But it also takes some luck too. Supposing the guy was selling his potato peelers or something like that in a third world country, would he have become that rich?

Anyway, at least his story does help people realize that even with a little success, if you can replicate what you did, you can make it big.

7. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this story, it's really inspiring.
    It shows you that there's no limit to what you can achieve with a lot of hard work and dedication.