New Fresh Thyme Market opened in IL, IN, and OH - Have you tried it?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by H.C. Heartland • Aug 27, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    For any Trader Joe's fans out there, here is a new store fit to compete:

Since Trader Joe's cannot be found in every mid-west town of the continental U.S. I'm assuming this competitor might be attempting to spread their wings in the those missing spots. There is an app called, 'Grocery Rebate Apps' which furnishes coupons for this and other stores. If you double up the coupons and in-store sales, some items could actually be FREE. This store seems to offer more bulk items than a Trader Joe's might do but the Fresh Produce looks the same; very organic looking in packaging but not in price. Let's support year round Farmer's Markets and help local farmer's stay in business! Do you have a similar store near you?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this, I live in the Cleveland area and hopefully we will be getting some of these soon as well. We do have Trader Joe's but the more the merrier. I'm wondering, just by looking at the web site, if they are owned by one of the larger chains, trying to operate in a different format under a different brand name. They seem to be a bit vague on the history of their company on their About Us page. Usually smaller businesses jump at the chance to go into more detail about how they started.

Update: as I guessed, they are a spinoff of the Meijer chain of grocery stores. I am still interested in seeing what they got though, since I've never been to a Meijer's either.

I normally don't do Trader Joe's for fresh produce, because the quality of it is generally poor and their stuff goes bad in like a day or two. I like T's overall, but mainly for their pantry and frozen items, and an occasional case of wine. If they can up the game on their produce and have an eclectic selection of their own store brand stuff like TJ's does, they may give them a run for their money.

3. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    I read about this! I've always been a Meijer fan, and I also have always wondered why a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods never opened in my city...Now I believe I have the answer! Meijer must've been scaring them off with this new venture! I can't wait to see it in action. Very excited!