new medical insurance

Discussion in Product Reviews started by S.O. Price • Jul 7, 2012.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I had ranted weeks ago about how dissatisfied I was with Blue Cross Blue Shield for my medical insurance. I got down to business and did some research on line to see what else was out there for medical insurance. I am very happy to report that I found some insurance that is actually better insurance and over $100 a month cheaper in premiums than BCBS. I only wish I had done it sooner.

I just want to encourage anyone who is fed up with their payments on anything, to go out and do some research to see if other options are available. It took some time to go over all the options out there, but I just had to do it. BCBS is going way overboard on their premiums.

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    This is for individual insurance with decent coverage? Some of the insurance companies are out of control with their fees and deductibles.

3. Moneypincher28

Moneypincher28New Member

Threads:
    Well I use Cigna Health Insurance because that is the insurance that my employment has always provided for me throughout the years. To be honest I have been quite satisfied with them as I have not had any major health problems and their co-pay prices are reasonably within my price range. I am sorry to hear that you had problems but am glad to hear you took action and will now end up saving money in the long run with your new insurance. Congratulations.

4. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    i'm in canada so all we need to get is insurance that is for prescription, but would you believe how hard it is to get good medical insurance for prescriptions! I went with GMS and ended up with the worst coverage ever. And then to top it all off, they decided that when it came time to renew, they were going to up my coverage monthly cost to $60 bucks higher! Avoid them.

5. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have Cigna years ago and they were a wonderful company in my opinion! I had them through an employer that paid for us to have the benefits (I didn't pay anything out of my paycheck) so I am not sure how expensive their coverage was. It was free for me and the copays were quite reasonable, I think they were $5 for anything but hospitals. Hospitals were $50 for emergency and $250 if admitted. But this was years ago.

6. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    That is great that you were able to find an acceptable, affordable insurance policy. As time goes on, hopefully medical insurance will be reduced to an affordable level.

7. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    Health insurance companies are way out of control with their fees and premiums especially for individual coverage. I'm trying to find decent individual coverage, but I have pre-existing conditions. I'm self employed so there's no group rate. I've done a lot research and have even gone with a group insurance by joining an association, but the coverage ended up being lousy and the coverage for prescriptions was a discount card that I can get anywhere. Any ideas?

8. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    S.O. Price, congratulations on finding affordable health insurance. Could you let us in on which one you went with? I'm actually looking myself and would like to compare the one you found with the others I'm looking at.