New Member Deal On Mypoints

Discussion in Hot Deals started by Rosyrain • Aug 19, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I recently signed up for an account with MyPoints, the online shopping rewards app and received an email from them stating that I could earn 1700 points for making a $20 at one of their featured online retailers. 1700 points is worth a $10 gift card for those of you who do not have an account with them. I went to the Old Navy website through MyPoints and found that they had some really good back to school deals and so I purchased a couple of pieces of clothing for my son. The total came to $22, for a shirt and pair of pants after all of my discounts were applied using the site. I then got my 1700 points from MyPoints, so it is like I paid $12 for the clothes I purchased. The only downfall is that the MyPoints reward is pending in my account until September. Great deal though!

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for posting about the deal! But what caught my eye was the fact that your MyPoints reward is pending until September! I'm sorry to digress, but that seems like an awfully long time to wait for your reward, is this the norm? I ask because I also recently opened an account with the site and it's somewhat disappointing to hear this.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Some points do pend for a while because they have to wait for the transaction is complete. I earned points from making the purchase and then got my bonus. They need to wait to make sure I am not going to return the items or refund them and that is what the 30 day window is for. I do not mind though because I am not planning to use my rewards until Christmas time.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, that's fantastic for you then, Rosyrain. I guess if it makes sense to you and you're ok with it, then it's alright.