New To Pinterest

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Pat • Jun 29, 2012.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently find Pinterest. I know there has been a lot of talk about the site but I had the wrong idea about the site.

I was liking for some ideas to recycle some t-shirts, googled the keywords and all these pictures on Pinterest came up. I got so excited I sat up for hours looking at what some people have created from t-shirts and men's old shirts.

I went to the goodwill store to find some old shirts so that I could cut them up and be creative.

What has your experience on Pinterest been?

2. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Pintrest is one of those sites I have been meaning to sign up to but have never got round to doing it! You just reminded me! :) I have no idea what it is like but I do know that at least 90% of my friends cannot sing its praises highly enough! I am going to sign up now. Please post your name if you are willing - the whole old shirt thing sounds cool and I would love to take a look.

3. obadiah

obadiahNew Member

Threads:
    I'm glad to hear I am not the only one who has been 'meaning' to join pintrest! Like you Livvi, I should join just as soon as I finish here.

is another good place for ideas about recycling old tee shirts and lots of other things too!

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    That's good to hear that you like Pintrest. I have an account there and I barely use it. I don't like to look at pictures all day, I want to read some text as well. I see they went with a simple layout making it user friendly. There are some amazing pictures on there, but it's not the right site for me.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I headed over there a few months ago...and got sucked into all the beautiful images of cakes, desserts and chocolates, I was positively hypnotized. I have not returned out of fear of getting sucked back in. It is an awesome site, I must admit...and I love the images on there. I have not used it for any other purposes other than pleasure. It is like a really cool photo-album of whatever you are interested in!

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    This is a great idea but I know you would have to have a sewing machine and know how to sew. So do you have any ideas about how to do projects for the ones that do not know how to sew a stitch. I am a crafty person but doing latch hook rugs is about as far as I have gotten on a project like that. I do jewelry a lot but I would like to know how to sew to make some of these things because I know it would be fun.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely adore Pinterest. It's a big cluttery mess, but it's getting easier to navigate with their occasional tweaks. I've got a billion and five pins and tried a good number of them. No real disappointments yet. Especially with food.. so many great ideas there.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been hooked on Pinterest from day one and have learned how to do almost everything better, from crafts to cooking. I've even picked up some painting and drawing tips. As for the poster who said they don't want to look at pictures all day, when you click on the pictures, it takes you to the full text article, so your argument is invalid.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are no sew t-shirt projects that just entail cutting portions of the shirt off, or using fabric glue or Stitch Witchery. You just go to Pinterest and type "no sew t shirt project".

10. Harmony Lassen

Harmony LassenNew Member

Threads:
    I have found a lot of natural recipes and remedies for things, along with natural beauty hacks. There are also a surprising amount of writing tips that have helped improve my writing by leaps and bounds and helped me with school assignments. i also enjoy looking at easy DIY home decor ideas that I know I will use when I have my dream house someday.