New Year's Resolutions

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by missbee23 • Nov 18, 2014.

1. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    I know it's early, but I am trying to get a head start on mine. I want to lose weight, get in shape, and get my finances in order. I am fed up with having the same resolutions year after year. Something is wrong with this picture! Who was it that said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results? I must be insane then. I want 2015 to be different.

So I want to know what your resolutions will be, and what your advice is for mine.

2. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    In 2013, I told myself to fix my finances and I could say that I did. Equip with a smartphone, I downloaded an app that allows me to record expenses it made me aware of how I spent my money and discovered a habit of being and impulsive buyer getting WANTS more than buying what I really need. This has also opened my eye on the amount of cash coming in to my account relative to my expenses and after reflecting on the things that I have discovered, I am able to put my finances in order.

In 2014, I told myself to quit smoking.. from more than 1 pack of cigarettes a day down to 2 or 3 (max), and with a month to go, I BELIVE that I am on my way to realizing this. This also made me eat healthy and start exercising and to really take care of myself. It was very difficult at first, but with if you really wanted to change.. you can.

In the coming 2015, I will try to be a little more organized both at work and at home.

3. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    My new years resolution this year is to 1. actually keep this resolution this year and to become more organized myself and hopefully to gain more income so that I can get this townhouse I really want with my fiance.

4. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    My resolution is to build a business, get a new job, get even healthier, create something wonderful (whatever that exactly means I'm not sure yet), be an even better person. I definitely think it's worth having some high and aspirational goals because it gives you a reason for getting up in the morning.

Maybe I won't achieve my goals. Maybe I'll change my list as I get closer to the time. But at least I'm going to give myself something to shoot for. And that really is what it's about as far as I'm concerned.

5. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Don't know if I will bother making one as I never stick to it. Heh. I guess it would be similar to the posters above. Get healthier and be more financially better off.

6. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    The problem with me is I live day by day and never think ahead. I am trying to plan for the future but my mind just doesn't work that way most of the time. I just wake up and go about accordingly. I have no set goals or dreams. But this is not the way to go about things because as I get older I will need to have money so that I can retire and not be dependent on my kids or anybody else.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't make New Years resolutions anymore because I just set goals and try to follow through no matter what time of the year it is. I've never really tried making New Years resolutions before though so I don't really know how effective it would be for me, but I think just having some goals for myself within the year is enough of a substitute as long as I commit to them.

8. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    I want to get more religious for the upcoming year, that is i want to begin attending church on a steady basis and connect with my religious side. Financially i look forward to making more money and saving from it, a car would also be nice.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's exactly right.. it is insanity and there is definitely something wrong with current methods if you feel the need to keep revisiting instead of finding a permanent solution. Weight gain is all about the food you eat, so it's the food you eat that will make it go away. Concentrate on real, whole foods.. get to know all about what you're eating and what health really means. Then you'll never fail again, it will just be a part of life. The new you.

I don't personally make resolutions. I try to better myself whenever possible, all year long..

10. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    I, preacherbob, promise at the advent of this new year to quit making resolutions that, because I do not keep them, make me lie to myself. Lying is sinful, so I will abstain from any more foolish promises. So there!

11. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    Sounds like a resolution you can stick to! :)

12. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    I think my new years resolution is going to be to work on my speaking and interviewing skills. I don't know why I still get so very nervous when it come to interviewing. Every time I think that I'm going to relax, I still find myself stumbling over my words and not being able to get them all out clearly at times. In some areas I do really well and in others I don't. I really think that I start to fumble when I'm not prepared with a certain line of questioning.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a specific resolution for the new year. Maybe I'd like to earn more than what I'm currently earning and I am serious about finding work and relocating at a nearby Asian country. I am also resolved to get a boyfriend - just kidding.

My piece of advice to you is to not be fixated on having a different set of resolutions. Go for what you think is necessary. Muster enough motivation to actualize all of your resolutions. Everything is up to you.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just lost my dream apartment due to a rent increase, so my goal/resolution is to save up again, find another nice place to live and replace all of our possessions that got lost/damaged in the rain when we were moving in a hurry. I'm very depressed today and trying to stay optimistic that we'll be able to get back on our feet.

15. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    missbee! i would say you set good goals for you and like that weight losing resolution. It would be one from my goals that i set for new year. Also i decided to save my money and will control my spending to make a world tour in 2016. Little bit effort would be required but will try my best to fulfill my dream and i want to be a realistic person and will bring some change in myself. That only i can do...

16. SternAlly

SternAllyNew Member

Threads:
    Wish I could find a new job in this year. And maybe finally I'll be able to visit Paris, I dream of it since being child ;)

17. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    This year my goal is to get my finances in order for once and for all. I am sick and tired of having to struggle most months and not being able to keep track of the bills. I am over it and it is time that everything gets fixed for once. I am working with a financial councilor and she is helping me out. It is not one of those shady people, but someone who works with my home loan company.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This year I will increase my income and become more active in my life. Time goes by so fast that if you do not plan and pay attention years have gone bye and you are still in the same place. No more for me. New Year, New Me!!

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to improve myself in all aspects, especially in the financial aspect. I know I could do better! I also would like to start a new hobby this year to keep myself busy.