New York, New York

Discussion in Travel started by Kylrey • May 18, 2015.

1. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    New York is my favourite one travel destination. I visited there about one year ago with my friends and now going to enjoy my two days new york city tour with my friends. On this tour we will explore the city and will visit many popular and beautiful places. I am really excited for my tour, if any one wanna suggest some good places names that i must have to visit then you are most welcome here freely share your favourite spots name of NY.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I like an area called Brooklyn Heights. There are many cool restaurants and coffee shops. Cranberries is my favorite coffee and muffin shop. Joya is one of the my favorite Thai restaurants. There is a pizza place near the water that is the bomb but I don't remember the name. Pier 17 is in Manhattan, across the water from Brooklyn Heights; take a walk across the Brooklyn bridge and then go to Pier 17 for dinner or shopping. You really can't go wrong in N.Y. and there is so much to see it will take us all a life time to see it!

3. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen Brooklyn Heights once and it just looks stunning from Brooklyn Bridge. But during my sightseeing two hour walking experiencing I have tried at any resort.
    But now i would love to try a cup of coffee at Cranberries.

4. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Cranberries is a good place for having good time there and to enjoy a cup of coffee for refreshment.

5. jamesfende

jamesfendeMember

Threads:
    quite jealous of your trip. ive always wanted to visit NY but unfortunately its just too much money, i live in the UK and flights are just ridiculously priced, maybe one day when im old and retired il finally get out there

6. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    jamesfende,I think its natural to be jealous with those who have that opportunity but you want to it. Anyway, I think you should keep trying to go for NY and see such cool views as the others have and be jealous to you. I think you should follow that saying. try try agian at till you sucess.

7. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    New York is one of most promising one destination. I had great time there and would love to make a tour there again and again. It offers plenty of travel destination those grabs tourists attentions towards it again and again.

8. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    Taraa, Would you like to let me know why you love New York and prefer to go there? I am curious to know which travels spots of New York call to toward NY again and again? I hope you dude would like to let me know through your next reply soon.

9. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    I am absolutely in love with New York as well, specially the scenic places. What I did last time I went was start at Washington Square Park and walk towards the 9/11 memorial. The walk was relaxing as well as beautiful (despite the wind) and the memorial is breathtaking. From there I walked to the pier to take pictures of the statue of liberty at night. I would recommend you visit their piers, they have some amazing views and are safe, even late at night. If youre lookimg for scenic, walking the Manhattam Bridge can also be fun. All of these are free too so no need to spend at all!

10. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to New york and will explore niagara falls and thousand islands.

11. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    That's really cool to know that you will see both of these amazing travel spots to have fun. Taraa, Will you enjoy cursing in thousand islands and boating in Niagara falls to make your travel time more interesting for you and make everlasting memories?

12. HealthAndVitality

HealthAndVitalityMember

Threads:
    I finally had the opportunity of going to New York, I must say that it was a bit overwhelming for me. It is a big place and I was glad that it was just a holiday, I don't think that I would love to live there.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    New York is one of the cities on my bucket list! My husband's been and he absolutely LOVED it. I have a few other friends and colleagues who have nothing but fab stuff to say about it. I just hope I make it there one lucky day :)

14. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I had visited New York before and I really like that place. I guess that for many people around the world New York is one of the favorite places to visit. My desire most of all is to visit California from what I have seen in the media I just love that place and I surely hope to get there at some time.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think New York would be overwhelming for me. I am from the big city and live in a big city suburbs, the amount of people and the traffic and the pace of the city would be a little too much for me. I don't handle crowds well which I think would be a problem in the big apple.

16. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Pat well i can understand and you are right the big city having lil bit big crowd too but all the thing is It is a not to miss destination for a real adventure lover. If you are afeared of crowd so don't be and just give yourself a chance to have a fun there and i am sure you would love that city.

17. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Albeit overwhelming, I have a great desire to visit New York. A metropolis which has lots of features. I was told New York is expensive, but I am not
    interested in staying too long or rent some fancy flat. I probably be most of
    the time outside if I ever visit New York. Is an unskippable life's experience, definitely will go there.

18. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would recommend staying away from sites like the Empire State Building. The last time I was in NYC for the day we spent hours in line there. I would skip that if possible or go first thing in the AM. MOMA is always a good place to visit. Central Park used to have a zoo too, not sure if it is still there...but that was a neat place to visit.