New York Trip

Discussion in Travel started by Gin0710 • Nov 16, 2015.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I'm planning on going to New York in the spring. Can anyone recommend the best place to stay downtown? I want to stay as close to Random House as possible. I am planning on attending an event there and I don't want to get lost and miss it like I did last time. Last time I could only afford a place in Queens. I tried taking the subway but I got completely lost and my phone was no help because it drained as soon as I got into Manhattan. I would like to avoid that this time.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Try looking for a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express as they can do good rates. If you know anyone else attending the event, maybe you could share a twin to cut down on costs? Obviously communicate first and see how you get on. New York is always expensive, it's cheaper in Wall Street during the weekend. Hampton Inn's also offer a free breakfast, so that's also saving you money.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I would Airbnb it to save money and you will be able to stay in a nice apartment. Check it out and if you really want to save money check with hostels.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Its hard to find a cheap place close to there. There is a recently redone place 30 minutes from there called, 'The Bowery House.' But its in the East Village and it doesn't sound like you want to travel that far. If you know the subway system it isn't too bad getting through traffic that way. Then you could always take a taxi back at night if you didn't want to be alone on the subway when it gets super late. You could also try googling youth hostels.

5. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    According to me best downtown New York city hotels are these where you can enjoy a comfortable stay with your travel mates. The Nolitan Hotel, Distrikt Hotel, Wolcott Hotel and Greenwich Hotel are some of those names but if you are looking for rental apartment then must think about Studio Vacation Rental.

6. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    New York is one of most promising ones destination among travel freaks. I visited there once and would like to suggest you to must have a visit of New York Marriott Downtown. I also had great time there and hope that if you will spend your time there so it would be a nice trip of your life.

7. Adoreyou!

Adoreyou!New Member

Threads:
    Loving the way you all of you are discussing New York. It just simply makes me happy to know about all of these beautiful kind of places. That really is a great city and i always love to go there again and again. That has so many of the tremendous sort of places which i always love to try.

8. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Adoreyou! Glad to see that you find it useful for you and get hlep through other members shared information. After reading your post seems like you are also a fan of traveling just like me. i had great chram of it and would love to know about some of your favorite places names, those would be useful for all visitors.

9. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    Gin0710, I hope you had a great time in New York and enjoy the lovely views of this outstanding season in New York but here I would like to add DC is perfect option to have some time rather than New York and next time you should think about it.