NFL Sunday Football

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by alc89 • Oct 14, 2012.

1. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    How do you "celebrate" Sunday football? While I would love to go to a bar or a sports restaurant to watch Sunday games, I feel like it's way too much pressure sometimes. Haha! I would rather stay at home, be comfortable. Sure, I miss out on the camaraderie and fun competitiveness of being with other fans. But, if I went out, I would definitely spend more money on food and drinks, not be able to do other things while watching the game, and most likely be uncomfortable as people cheer or boo next to me. On Sundays, I rest - a lazy morning, some great good to eat throughout the day, and relax while I get ready for yet another week.... and of course cheering and boo-ing during the games. How do you "celebrate" Sunday football? Do you stay at home, have some friends over, or go out?

2. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I'm in the same boat. It seems like too much of a hassle to go out to watch a game. I just lounge around at home in my pjs and enjoy the games that are on. It's my day off of work so I want to be lazy and do next to nothing. And it's not too bad watching the game with just my family. It's always interesting to hear what my dad and brother has to say ;)

3. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I went out to watch the NFL is when Brett Favre was on the Jets, and the networks in Colorado usually refused to show Jets games. Unfortunately, a few appetizers and two sodas cost about 35 dollars in Summit County.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We usually stay home to watch the games on Sunday. It is just the two of us but we both love football. We do have our favorite teams but will watch the pregame shows as well as all of the games, so our TV is on all day long. The only time we have anyone over is for a really good college game on Friday or Saturday nights and of course, for the Superbowl.

5. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I don't like to go out and watch the game either because there's to many people and I be uncomfortable. I always call a few friends and we have a football party at my house or theirs. We drink, have music, BBQ, and just chill. Its really fun, and became our Sunday fun day now.

6. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I have to work during the Sunday games. During the week, I watch the game highlights on On-Demand H.D. NFL Network. It is the perfect show because it takes out all the fluff and gives you all you need to see of each game in about 13 to 14 minutes per game.

7. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I suppose that my approach to Sunday football is a bit different. As a woman, for many years (on and off) I have used a Sunday football game to help me get up and do housework. How it works is, I sit comfortably and watch a game, but when the commercials come on, I get up and do some housework. I love using this method. In the past when I have not stayed on top of my housework during the week, by the weekend, things look a mess. Doing the work during Sunday football really makes my cleaning time, for that day, seem to painlessly go by.

I really like when there are back to back games of teams that I like, then that makes things all the more fun. I get up during commercials and hurry up to do as much cleaning as possible, and then hurry back to my seat in front of the TV before the game comes back on.

At the end of all this, it is feels so great to have a cleaner house AND to have been able to watch some football too.

8. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I used to watch the NFL every Sunday from start to finish without fail. But my schedule has changed. I am an entertainer, and I work Sundays. However, with the NFL channel, I get to see all the highlights. That includes 14 minutes of highlights from every game.

9. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in the UK and I have recently started getting into NFL, mainly through betting but once I started to understand the game I realised it is actually quite entertaining. The games are shown late over here, I watch with my brother and a few friends.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Its kind of a day of rest,so going out to a place to watch seems to busy for me and I have anxiety anyways-also it seems you do not have the comfort and freedom of home-and beside I have other things I have to do. Its fun once in a blue moon though to get out of the house,but mostly people come over to watch the game at my house-and its easy to get other things done as well.