Nice Way To Save Money?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Jan 23, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    People buy clothes for various reasons but the most common one is replacing clothes which have or are close to outliving their usefulness. To avoid buying clothes too many clothes some saving experts advise that for every piece of clothing you intend to replace, you ought to donate them [the ones you won't be using].

How does it help you save money?

Since you'll have to give away your old clothes, if there's absolutely no need to replace them [and give them away] you won't go shopping for clothes until you actually need to.

Thoughts?

2. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    Well, you will surely save money if you don't inted replacing the clothes you donate, but the most important thing for me is that you benefit other people by giving away the clothes that you don't need any more.

3. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    In my point of view donating clothes is good suggestion but for saving money I prefer to research on best deal of the day or any special occasion offers. I believe in vouchers to save my money and that's really best idea for everyone and so I like to surf in internet for any discount news.

4. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    With stores like Ross Dress for Less, Marshall's and TJ Maxx, us Americans are so lucky in our ability to get amazing fashions at discount prices. If you do buy full price clothes, then yes, I do think your idea of throwing one piece away for every new one can deter you from going over board.

For me I prefer to save money by giving myself an item limit - for years I haven't bought a piece of clothing over $12. If it is $12 or under I can get it, if it is over then if has to be for a special occasion or has to be specifically warranted to be over (like for jackets and dresses). But I have done quite well with this method for all my tops and pants at the stores I mentioned above. And I bet nobody could ever tell from my wardrobe, because all that matters is that it looks good on you and you can pull it off.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me it's all about the mindset though. If you really intend to save money, then you should just be firm with that and not be tempted to spend it on clothes or other stuff. But yeah, I think your tip can work. And if the clothes are in excellent condition, then you may even sell them.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually don't shop for clothes a lot in any case; but when I do get new clothes, or just see that i have older ones that I don't wear much anymore; I either donate them, or put them on Craigslist and give them away to someone who needs clothes.
    Overall, I think it seems to be a good idea and would keep a person from having a lot of clothes that you don't need and don't wear.

7. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I am sometimes having a hard time saving money because I tend to buy impulsively at times. Anyway, I figured out that one way to save money in my case is to set aside a certain amount per day. I then put this amount in a piggy bank. Yes! Piggy banks are still very effective!