Night Creams

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Strykstar • Jun 4, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you put any creams on your face before going to bed?
    I've tried it before but it all just rubs off against my pillow so I've given up on it.
    I imagine you have to sleep facing up but I'm just not able to fall asleep like that.

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I use a night cream on my face, neck and decolletage. I apply them about an hour before bed and gently pat them into the skin. I read to always pat because it is gentle on the skin and it also helps you not waste product because you're just using what you need and what your skin can absorb. Maybe you should try with lightweight creams and see if they rub off on your pillow and if they don't work your way up to richer creams if you feel you need it.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Haha I had exactly the same problem as yours. I tried in the past too but the problem was I could only sleep on my side with my cheek against the pillow so it just didn't work.

Nowadays I just apply some lotion on my face and wait until it's completely dry before I go to sleep.

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm I may be over my head here, I've been checking online and there are too many different products, can you recommend some of those lighter creams and lotions?
    Or should I just go to a store and ask the clerk for some help? I usually just buy these things from Amazon as it's cheaper but there's no help there...

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just use a regular moisturizer, it's not specific for night time. I'm using a Perricone moisturizer right now, which is a great brand, but I usually use Kiehl's or even Olay. I use the same cream/moisturizer in the morning and night, but at night I use a bit more, whereas in the mornings I'll just apply a little bit before putting on my tinted moisturizer. Specially now that it's cold I use more moisturizer, but I still didn't acquire the habit of using creams appropriate for night or eyes or anything specific.

6. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Cetaphil cleanser is what I sometimes use. I like it because it does not feel greasy. It is also a good name brand.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also find it a hassle to apply night creams on my face, because I can only fall asleep on my side, so the cream will just rub off on the pillow. What I do is I put them in the morning and not at night time, since I don't really see any difference if I apply the cream at night or in the morning.

8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    No. I don't bother much with putting cream on my face before I go to sleep. I guess I'm just too lazy to do it, and just way too tired from working the whole day, so bad I would just want to rest right away. And also, I'm not really that vain. My brother is way even more vain than me, which is kind of ironic because he's a guy and I'm a girl. Thankfully, my skin is smooth enough even though I don't pay much attention to it.

9. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect at night but I've never had any problems with it coming off on my pillows. I don't apply a thick layer and usually put it on around half an hour before going to bed.

10. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually do not like to put creams on my face. I think it is a waste of time and one can definitely do other things to take care of your skin. I think it is best if we understand how the cream actually helps us and then apply. Most of the time it is best to leave your skin alone to breathe at night.

11. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I've never really had any problem with creams rubbing off on my pillow. I think if they are a good face cream they are supposed to absorb so you shouldn't have that problem. I've used Neutrogena products for years and find they are very good. But I think if you look to purchase a cream that is specifically designed for your face (versus a body lotion) it should absorb into your skin and not come off.