Nikon Camera NOT Coming with Memory Card?!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by bargainbabe • Mar 12, 2014.

1. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    I feel very cheated. A Nikon camera I got on Black Friday did not come with memory card. When I called, I was told that you have to get that separate. Since WHEN do cameras not come with cards? I feel like they are finding any way to nickle and dime consumers. What next? Camera lens sold separately? Thanks a lot Nikon, I am putting you on blast everywhere I can find, thank you very much. Sticking with Samsung and Cannon from now on.

2. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes cameras or smartphones are shipped withouth memory cards. Read carefully your documents and see whether it`s an error or simply the promotion didn`t include it.

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I've purchased tons of cameras in my life and none have come with memory cards. Some of them actually do, but are only like 32 mb worth of memory, which is hardly anything. Bummer! :(

4. Manny

MannyMember

Threads:
    Yeah, there are a number of electronic products that use this ploy. The last cell phone I bought didn't have a memory chip and I couldn't take any pictures. They talk up the camera, but unless you pay another 20$ it's worthless..

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    The last two cameras that I have purchased did not come with memory cards. There was a little built in memory on board, but I think it isn't permanent but rather a quick temporary way to store data as it is shuffled onto the memory card (though I am uncertain that this is the actual reason it is there).

Nonetheless, memory cards are not standard in cameras from my experience so it probably isn't missing and probably was never intended to be in there. Dare I ask, were batteries included? - its pretty much the same issue.

6. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    You got scammed there my friend check to see if that camera has all the components it might be empty inside. A camera can not come without a memory card and that is obvious. But memory cards are not that expensive you can buy them at a cheaper price.

7. sidd230

sidd230Member

Threads:
    Most high end Cameras do not come with a lens. So yeah... Memory card is nothing big.