"Ninite" a tool you should know about.

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by iNg • Aug 13, 2012.

1. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Ninite lets you easily download and install a large number of useful free programs. You go to the website, check the boxes of the things you want, and then download an .exe that weighs in at less than a megabyte. Run this, (you can put it on a flash drive to move it to a new computer) and it will download all the software you selected and install it. This has saved me hours of time spent downloading software from each developer's website. It also introduced me to software that I otherwise wouldn't have known about.

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks. Seems to be a really useful service. I hadn't heard of Ninite before I read your post, and whilst reading it, I thought it was only suitable for Linux. Just looked it up on the net. I feel it will make new OS installations so much easier.

3. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for telling us about this program iNg! Though I'm probably not going to use it since I'm not the type to download tons of programs, I can definitely see how this'd be useful for others. I've never heard of Ninite before, but I'll be sure to forward this to a couple of my friends!

4. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    This is also REALLY and I repeat REALLY useful for people with new/built computers that have no software on them. With Ninite, you can quickly grab your anti virus, browser, and other common software(s) at one location without the hassle of googling everywhere for them.

5. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    Thanks fr the info. I will have to share this with my husband. He is the main one in the house that downloads programs, and I think he would definitely use something like this.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I've heard about this before. It looks pretty neat and really convenient too. It's like a one stop shop. You can download the most popular programs in one click. Also, as far as i know, once you download the programs from this site, it will also notify you if there's a newer version of that program. It's really a great tool.

7. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    This looks pretty cool and useful. I'm planning to buy a new laptop in the next few months, and I have a lot of programs on my current one that I would like to install on the new one, and this is sure to help me out with that. I'll have to check it out and see how it works before I get my new pc, but it looks like it's just what I would need.

8. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    Whoa, this is a great service especially if you've just finished building a new PC, finished wiping your hard drive, or if you simply want to install some new applications. I tried it out on my new laptop, and it's simply a breeze. Thanks for the recommendation! Another thing to note is that you can keep the download file that you get and use it to update those apps, so you can disable all the annoying automatic updates for the applications and do it with one click, manually with the link they give you.

9. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ninite's a great program, and I've used it a couple times in the past. It offers convenience more than anything else, although I still like to download my software and programs individually from time to time. I know others that use Ninite constantly in order to take care of such tasks. I haven't used it in awhile, though. Maybe I'll have to give it another go around just for old time's sake.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is the 1st time I have heard about Ninite, and it's really a great convenience to be able to download all your installers in one sitting. I just visited the site, and good to know that it's free to use.

11. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    This great find is going to be useful for downloading the programs without having to go over the list one by one. It's not something I have used before. If it weren't free, I would probably not consider it, but since it's free it not only is useful, but kind of necessary to save time. We could use these kinds of computer management tools for personal work and when we need to prepare for projects.