Nintendo DSI XL-DS Lite-3DS

Discussion in Product Reviews started by JoanMcWench • Feb 27, 2014.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    So, I received all three of these in a package and I have to say they're all pretty interchangeable. I'm trying to decide which of the three to keep:

DSI XL - The first thing you acknowledge is that the screen is clearly bigger so you get wider view angles. Has one pretty large camera on its face and solely plays DS games.

DS Lite - This is just a sleek version of the original DS. It also happens to play Gameboy advanced games which I thought was a nice touch the other two did not share. The image is not as good as the XL or the 3DS though.

3DS - This is the most interesting one. There is a slide on the side that allows you to play certain games in 3D. However, it makes you nauseous if you set the slide at full power. Other than that there are two cameras on the face and there are Wii-like options in the menu. Keeping this one would open the door to playing 3D games but close the door on the Gameboy advanced options. From the research I've done not too impressed with the 3D options.

2. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I don't own a 3DS (hopefully soon) but the time I've spent on 3DS, the 3D isn't great, which is sort of the whole point of the system. Thankfully you can turn it off, and just enjoy the games on their own. I would keep the DS Lite, you can play more games and the XL can make images less clear because the games aren't designed for a screen that size.

3. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    My kids just love the DS but really don't use the 3D feature very often. I think it looks kind of cool though. I do think it a huge step up from the old Game Boy which is what I had. Yes, I suppose that does date me a little, oh well. My kids love that they can watch Netflix on it but my 12 years reason for using it is all in the Pokemon games, he just loves it so much, he was every Pokemon game there is.

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Seems like Pokemon and Nintendo are synonymous with each other. Both companies really gained from the other. The games have grown in an interesting way. So far, it looks like I am selling two of these consoles.