Nintendo Wii - Nice Try Satoru Iwata....

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Colebra • Mar 12, 2015.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    So I bought the Nintendo Wii because I wanted to have something for people to do when they come to The House.
    And that job, the Wii does very well. But when you get booze into people, almost anything is fun...
    Having said that, there's not a lot of positive things I can say about the Wii.

The sensor get's old really fast...
    Those Wii Sports have maybe 2 ou 3 games that people enjoy. The rest is garbage.
    The only games where the controllers really shine, in my opinion, is in games like Call of Duty. Those actually work very, very nice.
    Even Mario Kart is kind of lame with them controllers...
    But I must say that the very worst part about the Wii, is having to charge the controller every day. It's just awful.

I'm not complaining much, because I bought the thing for nearly nothing.
    But I really couldn't recommend it to anyone.

If you're like me, and just want a party gaming system:
    Get you laptop, a HDMI cable, two USB controllers, and just binge on emulators.

If you're looking to do some real gaming:
    Get a PC, a Playstation, or a an Xbox.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of buying one.
    Happy to answer any question you might have about the Wii.

Take care, folks!

2. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    I really like the Wii. We had ours for many years and it finally died last month, and I was actually really sad. We only had to charge our controllers about twice a week, though. My family really likes the Just Dance games, and I thought Boom Blox was a great use of the controller. We will probably replace it with an Xbox360 or One next, but I do really want a new Wii, because I am a fan of the games and it's a great system for kids. I would love to figure out how to use USB controllers and emulators on my computer, but I've never been successful. I bought USB controllers a couple years ago on Ebay and I could not get them to work. Would love to hear your advice on these things.

3. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I have neither of those games...
    I can see how it is a great gaming system for kids actually... Good point.
    Charging controllers twice a week, and playing for how long? You also have to go back to the Wii menu to connect them... That's also really bothered me.

As for the USB controller, I'm also thinking of doing it, but for an N64 emulator.
    I'd guess there's less of an issue there.
    You would also have to buy a sensor, or plug your current one to your PC somehow, right?