Nintendo Wii, Playstation, Or X-box?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by dyanmarie25 • Feb 26, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Which video gaming console do you prefer: Nintendo Wii, PlayStation, or X-BOX?

Personally, I think Nintendo Wii is much better and preferable as you can actually have an interaction with other players. It can also function as a "work-out" tool, compared to PlayStation and X-BOX in which your fingers are the only ones doing the moves.

What about you? What are your opinions about these three?

2. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    Are the newest generations included? Playstation 4 and XB1 have the dance games that can be used as a work out tool. The Wii U no longer monopolize the fitness market.

For me, I prefer playing the Playstation ones. I think this might be a brand loyalty case on my end, but I have gotten used to the controller over the years. The basic and ergonomic design of the controller fits my gaming need.

The Nintendo Wii and Wii U is good as a party console. You can have friends over and play. This can be true for the smash brother games.

I have not data on the X-box though, since I have never played on it.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends on the generation. Last generation, definitely PS3. Wii had no good games, mostly just casual titles. This generation... Wii U, so far. PS4 has absolutely nothing of worth, other than ports from PC and cross-platform titles with PS3, and Xbox One is just copmpletely worthless piece of tech that was already outdated not even a year after it came out. I'm expecting Sony to catch up eventually, though.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a gaming expert, but I loved the Super Nintendo growing up. Sadly, Nintendo didn't seem to follow the gaming trends and became a bit obsolete. When I was a teenager up until college I enjoyed Playstation more. Still today whenever I play it at a friend's or with my brother I prefer the Playstation.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Current generation I think I would got for either the Xbox One or the PS4 and completely skip Wii-U. But if you ask me, I would still prefer a good old PC over any of the consoles. When it comes to Nintendo, it's either a hit or miss for me. I love Smash Bros and I think that game alone can make me buy Wii-U.

6. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Apart from the original Wii the only competition is pretty much PS4 and Xbox-One. Both of which are much the same in terms of performance with minimal differences, that said there are a few exclusive titles which are only out on one system but not the other.

7. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Have to go with the Wii, but only if it plays Gamecube games. The backwards compatible Wii is almost the ultimate system. Great local party games, (wii sports, mario party, etc) and some of the more hardcore Gamecube games. I have decided to stay with that generation, and am skipping this new generation of games.

I will cherry pick Steam games if I want a newer game.

8. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Probably the Wii if your main aim is playing party games, Mario Kart and Smash Bros are just classics. If you're a more serious gamer I'd go with the PS4 unless you're really intent on the exclusives like Destiny and Halo.

9. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    I would go with the PS4 over the others if I had to make a choice. Luckily, I have all three of them now so I can play almost anything. If we were talking simply party like games, I'm not totally sure I'd go with the Wii U on it's own the way I would have the Wii last generation. Nintendo doesn't exactly have the party gaming market locked down anymore the way they once did.

10. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Too many factors to consider here, and the answer is going to be different for different people. The Wii U has had more solid releases than the PS4/Xbox One lately. However, hardcore gamers flock to the two powerhouse consoles, and they receive more AAA titles. I don't have a preference because I can enjoy myself on any of these consoles.

11. HueyTheFreeman

HueyTheFreemanNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer the Xbox.

I think it has better exclusives, game play, and overall enjoyment versus the others. The new Kinect feature also makes it extremely fun for exercise based games. It really makes the Wii look outdated. And don't even get me started on the AMAZING graphics.

Playstation is also very similar to the Xbox, I just never enjoyed the gameplay as much.

12. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I still have my PS2 but unfortunately they stopped production on them and it is hard to find the games anymore

Honestly I miss my older game systems (SNES and N64) they were really good and the N64 was before its time I think.

Well you would need add ons but XBOX and Playstation can be work out tools too.

13. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer playstation and Xbox. I played a lot of racing, role playing and dance games using the two. I am not a fan of Nintendo Wii. 2k15 of NBA is my favorite.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like Playstation mostly because it's whats popular here and I've already grown used to it. Because it's the common console here it makes it very easy for me to exchange games with friends and also I kind of liked their presentation a lot more when they first introduced the console as opposed to Xbox which had a ton of missteps in my opinion.

15. Jake_Arachnid

Jake_ArachnidNew Member

Threads:
    For me it has to be playstation all the way, I have played these consoles ever since I was very young. The first game I played was the original crash bandicoot game. From there on, playstation has always been in my life. Nowadays I tend to play action/shooter/horror games such as Resident evil, Evil Within and Call of Duty, and I will continue to play the playstation consoles for years to come

16. BigBigFan

BigBigFanMember

Threads:
    It seems that each year a new unit is coming out and each year I find myself missing my old games and my old consoles more and more. Because of that I've turned into a collector and I now focus on collecting games from my childhood. I'm currently building my library of SNES games and am looking for a game called Uncharted Waters, New Horizons as well as any game made by the KOEI company.

I think, over time, the old games and consoles will appreciate in value and I love playing them from time to time, double win.

17. Hiatus

HiatusNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer the Playstation, simply because I've always owned the series. I started with the first one when I was younger and upgraded to 2 and 3 as I aged. Although I've never owned the Xbox, my friend owns one; I wasn't used to using the controller at all, so it was a lot harder for me to play with them. The Playstation 4 has great frame rate and amazing graphics. Everything is smooth and if I'm not playing games on it, then I'm watching Netflix.

18. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what you prefer, so I will list a set of advantages to every of those consoles.
    1) Wii - if you like a more cartoonish appearance of games and don't care that much about graphics rather than the game's fun itself, then this is your way to go
    2) PS (both 3 and 4) - If you prefer a more enjoyable online experience which is free ( only for PS3 ), and if you like good graphics
    3) Xbox (both 360 and One ) - If you prefer a no-lag, paid online experience and a good controller in your hand. Kinect is also a plus.

I hope this helped! :)

19. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    For me I bought all three because I could not stand the feeling of missing out on something when one of the consoles would have a release. I just think personally that all of the consoles have something that I really like about them and I think that is why I got them all.