No Coffee Again

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kana_marie • Apr 10, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I just bought a new coffee maker around a month ago. I spent the extra 5$ to get a mr coffee, but its still just a cheap, basic coffee maker. I went to make my morning coffee earlier. Guess what... The heating element has burned out. No coffee for me... again. I always thought mr coffee was supposed to be dependable. If ever there was a product you desperately need to be able to depend on, it's a coffee maker. Your coffee maker dying is just like running out of toilet paper, or dish soap, or oxygen.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No matter how cheap it was, it should have lasted for longer than a month. Contact Mr. Coffee directly and tell them what has happened. Really, they should replace it.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's the problem with cheap gadgets. They break quickly, and usually you don't have a guarantee on it. That's why I usually buy a medium-priced item with a warranty that lasts at least for 6 months. But, admittedly, it has happened to me, that some products that I bought broke exactly one or two days after the warranty ran out.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would return it. That's ridiculous. Even the super cheapo ones usually last longer than that. I did have to replace mine often when I had hard water. I decided if it was destroying the coffee pot that it probably wasn't very good for me either, so I got a water filter. The coffee maker lasted much longer after I started using filtered water in it.

Still, quitting after less than a month just doesn't sound right. Can you take it back to the store? If not, I'd do like missbishi said, and contact the manufacturer.

I'm like you in that I must have coffee first thing, so I feel your pain. lol

5. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I actually really like that idea. Im going to look into that today. the sooner they replace it the better. These caffeine headaches are about to drive me insane!It seems like selling a bad coffee maker would be dangerous. I'm a peaceful person! But there's a lot of people who aren't.

6. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely have to agree with something that one of the earlier posters on this thread has said. You should really just go straight to Mr. Coffee and complain about this. Many companies would rather you do that and they will usually reimburse you very handsomely.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I completely understand about the caffeine deprivation headaches.
    That's why I have backup coffee makers. If my electric coffee maker dies, I have a glass French press. If my French press gets broken ,I have a metal stove top espresso pot. The French press and the stove top espresso pot are also handy if the electricity goes out because I can use the gas stove to heat the espresso pot or boil the water for the French press. I think the last time I only owned one coffee pot was 20 years ago.

8. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I should take a lesson from you. I wouldn't be so miserable right now if I had a back up or two. Particularly an espresso maker. Yummy!
    after I read that post I emails mr. Coffee and explained what happened. I got a form letter in return saying I would get a response within 3 business days. Y'all should keep your fingers crossed for me! Lol

9. AtlantaSports

Threads:
    Hopefully that response means a brand new machine! Really, they should be giving you a new machine and some merchandise, because they goofed on their product, so they should make up for it with pride.

10. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I agree! Even just an upgrade, if nothing else. :p
    I got a response back. I had to send them some numbers and the date, and such but they sounded like they were anxious to make it up to me. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from them again. Thank y'all for giving me the idea to get a hold of them. Growing up my parents never wanted to be an inconvienan e so they never did it. I guess I just never think about it. As a matter of fact, this is my first time. Lol

11. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh nice one, let's hope you get a replacements coffee maker soon! How are you managing in the meantime?

12. AtlantaSports

Threads:
    Well, I am glad that you agree with my sentiment! I am happy that you got a response back, and it seems like a relatively quick response, so that is good on the companies' part. Hopefully, you will be fully compensated and maybe you will receive more than you thought you were going to! You're welcome for the suggestion.

13. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a $20 coffeemaker that has lasted at least a month so far. It's a pretty handy thing, and it's programmable, AND it's a Mr. Coffee coffeemaker. I think you just got a dud and were unlucky. Even some of the cheapest coffeemakers can last for quite some time after all. Hopefully, they send you a replacement free of charge.

14. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    I tend to use instant coffee, I find it much much easier to use and is fast! Although I so enjoy a freshly ground coffee, sometimes it is just too much like hard work to do, plus getting a coffee machine that is reliable can be hard to find too.

15. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, that made me have a laugh "Your coffee maker dying is just like running out of toilet paper, or dish soap, or oxygen", I completely agree. I think that sometimes, we have to use our mind on such things and think twice, you'd realize we do unusual things, when we don't really have to. I'm not much of a coffee consumer, but I do it in a weird way, full milk and no water at all, I heat it in the microwave!

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always ensure that I get good value for money when it comes to my electronics. But there's that fine line between affordable and cheap in terms of quality, so I usually go for known brands that I know will stand the test of time. This usually translates to more expensive, but I'd rather that than an item that's likely to break down on me when I least expect it.

You really do get what you pay for, in my opinion. The good thing is, you may get a replacement because you only just bought it. Providing you have your receipt!

17. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm the same way. I have several backups. I actually sold my main coffee maker when I needed some money, and am using my 'backup' drip maker, which happens to be Mr Coffee. I've had good luck with it, it's never failed me. I also have at least 3 french presses, a percolator, and even a Melitta Filter Drip single cup maker. I go through periods when I can't have coffee, mainly due to my reflux and ulcer, but when I can have it, I absolutely want and need it.

18. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    You should definitely ask for a replacement. If you're nervous that Mr. Coffee will deliver yet another poor quality product, you should invest in a better quality machine. Lasts longer AND better coffee.

19. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yikes, I have a back up coffee maker. I was thinking of getting rid of it because it leaks..Don't they all?? But I guess I will hold onto it for just such a catrosphe. I am not obsessed with coffee, but I do drink it every morning so having it is something I am used to. Mr. Coffee is usually a good brand, but I guess there can be lemons in all product lines.

20. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you're doing the right thing there by keeping a spare, @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon! you've definitely given me an idea. I love coffee and don't feel fully awake until I've had had my daily dose. I wouldn't want to find that my one machine has conked out and not be able to have any on any one morning, especially if i'm going to work!