No land line phone

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by JaydonTyler • May 21, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone here not have a land line phone?

I gave up on having one a year ago. All I use is my iPhone. I dont understand why people have land line phones to go along with a mobile phone. I get that you might want to have a centralized business phone, but I have been getting by just fine with my iPhone.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't owned a landline for many years now simply because the line rental fees are too high. Also I had some problems in the past with alleged phone calls being made from my home while I wasn't even in the vicinity. I don't think I will ever get a landline again. My smartphone lets me connect in so many different ways with my friends and family around the world, and it hardly costs anything at all. I use different types of messenger applications that make communication really easy.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I still have my own land line phone for the purpose of my Internet line. I'm not the only one who is living in my house so I want everyone to be able to enjoy an Internet connection.

I never have to pay anything for it when I use it for calling because it has 100 minutes free to call any number and it resets every beginning of the month. This is a big advantage for me because I'm not living with my mother so I get to speak to her everyday for free. She does not know much about technology by the way which is fine for me, but she has a phone for me to call (a land line phone too).

4. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    We have no land line anymore. We switched to VOIP, Vonage. We all have our individual cell phones. AT@T was WAY over the top expensive. We do have two lines on the Vonage tho. I had a work number I used when I took work calls. I don't do that anymore tho, but we are keeping the extra line on it tho. Ya never know. :)

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I have my landline as it is my work phone. There is apparently an issue with switching a number from a landline to a mobile device (I don't believe it but that is what I am told). As I am unwilling to give up my work number for client reasons, I am stuck with the landline. I certainly would have given it up if it were an option to take the number to a mobile device.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a landline either. My old roommate had a landline because she had a cable phone. I do have concerns about being able to reach 911 in an emergency. My friend tells me that I can reach 911 on my cell, so I try not to worry about it much.

7. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I have a landline for the sole purpose of wanting one. It comes in handy on so many occasions. I can call anywhere in the world plus have multiple other options for just $50 month. I don't have any set minutes. I also have my cell phone that I keep with me just in case I was to actually really need it.

8. Ruffled

RuffledNew Member

Threads:
    In ten years time a landline phone might be considered a relic. If there is a way to do away with landlines in businesses that is cost productive for the business, they will find it. As for the private sector, I don't know anyone personally who still has one. I haven't had one for going on 10 years now and I get on just fine.

9. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    There is no reason for any normal person to still have a landline in 2014. You can get ahold of someone much easier on their cell phone. I've never had a landline..

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to have a landline since 1983, but we just had the service cut this April because no one is using it anymore. All of us have cellphones and I don't use dial-up internet connection anymore, so it seems like we are paying for a useless landline. I just noticed that you will appreciate having a landline when you order fast food from home, because when you order online, not all of the items are available, so when they text you to clarify your order you end up not having some of the food items that you ordered. When it's done through the landline, you will be notified in real time by the operator if the food is available or not.