No more beauty products

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by missbee23 • Nov 13, 2014.

1. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and tell you something that I do. This may not be for everyone, but it might help some. I used to spend $100 a month in beauty products: face soaps, toner, anti-aging creams, eye creams, etc. Money got tight, and I had to stop buying for a while. I have not noticed a difference in my skin. In fact, I am eating better, and just generally taking better care of myself, and my skin looks fine. My sister, who is 6 years younger than me and works in the cosmetics industry, constantly uses fancy products, and her skin looks no better than mine.

I can't say that I will ever go back to buying skin care/anti-aging beauty products again. I don't miss them, and I have money to spend on things I really want. I just thought I would throw this out there for anyone who might benefit from my personal testimony.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't spend all that much on beauty products myself, but I have chronic dry skin so I either have not use soap, or use lotion. I tried the not using soap thing and my room mate got very irritated with me because my towels smelled after about 3 days. I don't think it is necessary to purchase expensive products though, simple natural ones work very well. I got an eye cream from the Body Shop that has lasted me almost a year for that one little tube! You don't need much, so it has just kept going and going, it's incredible.

3. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used any beauty products. I see some people use that kind of stuff and they look awful. I don't think those types of things do anything to help your skin. This is just my opinion. I only use black soap, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter. That's about as much of beauty routine that I have and my skin looks great.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't spend a fortune on beauty products. Instead I focus on exercises, including facial exercises, a healthy diet and home-made beauty treatments, such as salt and sugar scrubs, fruit masks, coconut oil treatments for my entire body and so on. I still buy some organic, cruelty free products from iherb.com but don't spend more than $50 per month on them. Usually I buy natural ingredients such as pure vitamin E oil, rosehip oil, organic baking soda, etc. rather than fabricated creams and lotions.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't spend a lot of money on beauty products. My skin is dry so I do invest in a good lotion and moisturizer. I use Witch Hazel as a general astringent. I drink a lot of water and take a hair and skin supplement. I try to get as much sleep as much as I can.

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I used beauty products like a toner and a specialty soap. However, I do not spend a lot on different things like those creams that are advertised on TV. I do not see the point in fighting aging because that is a very natural thing. I would rather spend my money on food and my pets than spend it on beauty products that will just make my skin have allergies.

7. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    What is black soap?

8. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I do not spend a lot in beauty products -- but there are some I cannot go without -- such as my moisturizer. I have horribly dry skin on my cheeks and without it I am just too flaky and uncomfortable for comfort. I wish it was an expense I could cut but unfortunately it is not.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whoever said you should spend $100 for beauty products? I read a comment in this very section once that the less you do anything to your face, the better it will look. When you're too concerned with having a smooth face and end up buying one too many beauty products, chances are you'll just increase the amount of chemicals you put on your face.