No No - Has Anyone Tried It?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by missbishi • Jan 18, 2015.

1. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried the "No No" hair remover? It's always being advertised on TV and I am quite tempted by it. It looks really easy and won't require much storage space, unlike those large laser removal units you can buy. But is it any good? Does it actually work or would I just be throwing money down the drain on yet another beauty gadget?

2. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    My mother had one. It worked for her, and she loved it. However, it quit working relatively soon after the purchase. I think it lasted for only several months.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest if I were to try one of these it would be the Yes, which is new type of hair removal system similar to the No No. The only difference and its a huge one if the price. The No No from what I have heard can cost a couple of hundred dollars, not good for a device that some are saying stops working within a few months. The Yes, cost around forty dollars and I don't know how good it actually works but if it cost a fraction of the price it might be worth more of the investment then the No No is.

4. missbishi

Threads:
    I just love the fact that the alternative to the No No is called the Yes! I've just looked it up and it does look good! The reviews are pretty similar, but say that the "YEs" is better for the peach fuzz type hair.

5. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    And that is funny because the Yes reviews I read said that it is just an electric razor and has horrible reviews! I truly believe people need to do research on items such as this before they buy. If the Yes is $40 and falls apart, it is no better than no no that stops working.

6. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    One of te youtubers that I watch on a semi-regular basis tested out this product a few months back because so many people were asking her to try it on her "Does This Thing Really Work?" videos.

She had said that a lot of reviews she had seen said that you could essentially smell the hair burning and the bummer pads were rather coarse. She also said that the little tips that they give you only lasted through a few uses and would have to be replaced in which case those tips were not sold seperately and you would basically have to buy a whole new No No device.

I was intrigued by it at first and then seeing that video I wasn't intrigued anymore.

I have heard good things about the Tria Laser thingy that is another As Seen On TV item.

7. Teri Rose

Teri RoseNew Member

Threads:
    I actually used to sell the No No hair removers and honestly wouldn't recommend it. Plus, the parts can be expensive if you need to replace anything on it. It's actually too expensive to begin with and I used to have a lot of customers call in who were very disappointed with it. It might also depend on the type of hair you have that you are trying to get rid of and also if you are using the gadget correctly. I know when I was taking orders for them I had to make sure that the customer understood the correct way to use it for the best results. Personally, I think I'll just stick to shaving and waxing for now.

8. NanaTracyAnnHintz

NanaTracyAnnHintzNew Member

Threads:
    Oh boy, I have seen this information so much on television. I am so tempted to buy it, but if it really truly worked, then the razor business would be obsolete don't you think? I would like to know what all the movie stars use and what models use for hair removal. Whatever they are doing, works!

9. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    If you want to permanently remove hair, I would suggest

. This one requires no replacements, but it's $100 more expensive than its starter one, which you would have to buy replacement cartridges. I've heard that it provides very good results, but you have to be persistent with it. You don't typically see results until the 4th treatment in, or about 8 weeks if you do treatments every 2 weeks like they suggest. The downside is that this is only suggested for those with pale skin and dark hair. If your hair isn't naturally red but brown or black, this might be a good investment if you really want to remove hair without getting it professionally done.

10. meenz

meenzNew Member

Threads:
    I have never personally tried the No No, but I have read a large quantity of reviews because at one point I was planning on buying one. After reading the reviews, I realized I should always read reviews first. Many people had written about how the No No doesn't remove hair, it just burns it and leaves a disgusting burnt hair smell. Many people said that the product also broke after a short period of having it. When they went to get a refund, they couldn't even get in touch with the company, and if they did they didn't get their money back.

11. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    No no, I haven't tried it :) It looks like it works really well when I see it on the TV infomercials, makes me want to buy one, but then I think to myself that I don't really need it. It's not something that I really debate with myself about, whether or not I should get it, but if I wanted one I'd get it and try it out for myself. It has a lot of mixed reviews, so the only way that I would know for sure if it would work is if I bought it and tried it for myself.

12. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Right? I love it. I might even try the "Yes" version, since it costs so much less. Although, I'm kind of hoping another cheaper knock off will come along, lol. There has got to be some decent hair removal product out there that is simple, efficient, painless, and affordable. That's not too much to ask, right? Haha.

I've seen those informercials that make the No No look so good, but there is no way that I'm paying hundreds of dollars to try it out. I've heard bad reviews as well. It seems to work okay at first but then quit working, according to some. Plus, the parts are expensive too. It just doesn't sound worth it to me.

13. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Speaking of body hair, have y'all seen this 'trend'? I personally find it disgusting, but apparently some women don't, and I'm sure they're saving money on unwanted hair removal. I had some girls in a few of my college classes who didn't shave their legs, but would wear pantyhose over their leg hair. I think they had strict fathers who didn't allow shaving or something to that effect. The hair would stick through the hose in places, and looked worse than the unrestrained underarm hair.

14. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I have never personally use it but I had thought of purchasing one. That was until my boss's wife bought one. She said it didn't work very well and then after less then a month of use it stopped working. She was never able to get in contact with anybody even it supposedly had a money back guarantee on it. She said it was a total waste of money and it was way to expensive to start. I have brought a number of different hair removal devices over the years only to be disappointed time and time again. I will stick with waxing and shaving.

15. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have wondered about this too, because going for electrolysis or laser is quite exepensive and it is not something I can easily do. Waxing and tweezing shaving etc are all non recommended methods for hair removal and they never last anyway. the nono looks intriguing, but based on the reviews here I don't think it is for me.

16. missbishi

Threads:
    It does sound like it's more No Go than No No doesn't it! We're probably better off just sticking to our razors. Maybe there'll never really be a permanent solution on the market - after all, hair removal is a muti-million dollar industry and once we're all defuzzed, we aren't going to spend any more money...

17. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ha ha that was funny missbishi. An electolysis told me for an improvement cut hairs don't shave, wax or tweeze or otherwise distort the follices. Obviously, this solution is not practical for your legs lol

18. cnt422

cnt422New Member

Threads:
    I've wanted to use it but the name makes me think they're using it to scold us, like "No no, women, you're not supposed to have body hair.". I've always felt a little insulted by the name. I may be overreacting, though. This is why I like that the alternative is called "Yes!", it's a clever strategy.