Non alcoholic beers

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Libragirl67 • Apr 27, 2013.

1. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    Does anyone care for the non-alcoholic beers. I have quit drinking a few years ago. But I do like the taste of the non-alcoholic beers every once in awhile. And when I am in a party setting I will drink one as well. It tastes and looks like beer. But you dont have the side effect of getting drunk and silly.

2. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I have tried non-alcoholic beer. The only one I have tried is Beck's Blue. To be honest, it had very little flavour at all. It just tasted like fizzy water with a slight aftertaste. I did not buy it again after that because it is very expensive considering it had no real flavour. A Czech friend mentioned that the non-alcoholic beers in the Czech Republic are a lot better. When I told her I had tried Beck's Blue she just replied ":D Tasteless!"

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never understood this myself, since I've never liked the taste of beer in particular, and would only drink it to get drunk. But I suppose people like you are out there who actually like the taste, and it's probably why these companies are still making them. :) We don't have them available in my country, but reading your review made me curious and I just might have to try getting one shipped or brought here if a relative from another country that offers it were to come back here and bring me some.

4. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    In social gatherings, I do not drink non-alcoholic drink. I rather drink alcoholic drink in moderation and have that kind of high that is tolerable and I can control, rather drink a non-alcoholic drink that does not have any impact at all. I will just be putting too much calories for nothing. At least with alcoholic, I put up calories and got a bit tipsy which is, for my standards, okay. I would rather have juice than non-alcoholic drinks. Less calories and zero possibility of getting drunk.

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink anything I don't like the taste of so for many years I didn't drink beer. Recently I've found some that I do like the taste of and I'm now a convert. The idea of drinking beer without alcohol doesn't make any sense to me, even though I don't drink anything to get high or buzzed because I have no need for that.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't even know where to get a non alcoholic beer and never had one

7. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely not. I don't honestly see the point of non/low alcoholic beers. If I'm the designated driver then I don't want to even taste anything remotely like alcohol, because it just reminds me that everyone else is having a boozy old time and I can't!

8. maurovis

maurovisNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a regular beer drinker, far from an alcoholic but I know how to appreciate beer. Non alcoholic beer has never been able to compare with regular beer. As much as I enjoy beer I don't really know the processes used into making it, but one thing I do know is that I haven't been able to find any good tasting non alcoholic beers.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really liked the taste of beer, so I'm not at all keen to try out the non-alcoholic one. Even if they taste like beer too, minus the intoxicating effect, I'd rather pass up on trying them out, since I hate the taste of beer.

10. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    I have tried a taste of one before just because I wanted to know what it tasted like. It pretty much tasted like beer. I don't really like the taste of any beer, so I wouldn't drink either one. I suppose for someone that enjoyed the taste of beer but didn't want the alcohol, it would be a good thing. However, that's the reason most people drink, for the alcohol.

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I had one recently .. I don't know what it was called.. it was served to me at a party.. the hostess cared to mention that it was a non alcoholic beer, since she knows that I do not drink any alcohol. I thought I would have been better off with a glass of water or even soda. I really don't see the point of a non alcoholic beer. I would never buy one.. I don't even know how much it costs here.

12. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    LOL, Maddie, a non-alcoholic beer is a soda! It's a hops and barley flavored carbonated drink, and there is no point to it unless you like the taste of beer. I don't remember ever tasting a non-alcoholic beer, but I don't have a problem with alcohol so I don't really feel the need to go out of my way to consume one.

13. mandisthghts

mandisthghtsNew Member

Threads:
    Yuck! Why would you want to drink a beer that didn't have any alcohol in it? Beer has a bad taste and I would never want to just drink it. I have seen many people drink in the bar where I work, but I can never figure out why.

14. crazycroc

crazycrocMember

Threads:
    That doesn't sound very appealing I'm also part of the crowd that only drinks beer to get drunk - for taste I'd rather have something sweet and sugary like lemonade.

15. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    There is nothing as tempting as beer.. If you quit drinking then stay from anything going by the name beer. The desire to get drunk will be back soon and you might just find yourself in the same pit you were in before. That is my simple advise for you.

16. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I am not aware that there is a non alcoholic beer.
    There is actually such a thing like this?
    Definitely I am late regarding this new thing.
    I only knew of e-cigarettes and now this.
    But it is a good thing for those who want to stop drinking alcoholic beverages especially those regular drunkards.

17. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't care for non-alcoholic beers and I can't really see the point in them. The whole point in beer is the alcohol content, that is the main reason I drink it. I wouldn't waste my money on beers containing no alcohol.

18. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't like the taste of beer very much, and non-alcoholic beer seems to have an unpleasant after taste, so I don't drink it, even when I'm driving. I'd rather have sparkling water or Pepsi. However, my husband is unable to drink at the moment because of health problems, and he enjoys a non-alcoholic beer, as he's not keen on soft drinks. In Spain, every beer has a non-alcoholic version at the same price, but they are more expensive in the UK.

19. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. There is such a thing, but they're generally characterized as quite disappointing and not similar to a real beer, even ignoring the alcohol.

I'm not a fan of them. I usually don't like the taste of beer much anyway, but these are worse.

20. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    No. I don't like the taste of beer, but non-alcoholic beers don't generally taste like beer. They taste really uninspired and gross. I also don't see the point since I'm either drinking something with an alcoholic content or something good that lacks alcohol content like coke or sprite.