Nose rings?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by ExpertAdvice • Jan 8, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    In the past three years, I note that nose ring jewelry is at a constant rise in popularity in my country, alarmingly, in both sexes. As a male, I personally do not like it, to be frank, I do think that it is a hideous thing. Also, I don't see the need for certain types of jewelry and I don't know why people tend to buy jewelry that leads to permanent dis-figuration of the skin. My question now is, do you think that manufacturers should cease and desist permanently from making nose rings and other hideous types of jewelry?, if no, why? and do you buy and wear them ?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't even put it as they look hideous to me. Any piercing in the face other than ears actually makes my face hurt just looking at it. That being said, no because people should be able to do what they want especially since it's not going to affect most people at all aside from the person wearing it. It's just like energy drinks. Over time that may affect their health as they will become addicted to it but it's their body to do what they wish to it.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see those nose rings being popular in western countries, but here in Asia, not really. I also don't like them, but I don't have a problem with people that have them. And there are fake nose rings anyway, so not all people who have nose rings really had their nose pierced.

4. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of them either. I have one earring on my left ear though, and I'm a guy but that's it. I'm not fond of seeing people with piercings that are outside the norm. I guess living in a country where men seldom get their ear pierced contributed to this idea of mine. However, I don't judge people who got themselves pierced on other body parts. It's just that seeing their piercings make my stomach hurt. I guess it's because I'm not a fan of creepy looking things.

5. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of nose rings as this is a culture thing for some people and that is acceptable but for Joe public it looks silly and I could never wear one. Each to their own though as so many people do like it and that is their thing. Piercings are popular for many and the more you have the better.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nose rings can look OK but what really freaks me out is those ear tunnels that people have. They really do look terrible and I cannot understand why people get them. At least you can take a piercing out, but if you want to take your tunnel out then you are left with a great big gaping hole in your ear. Not a good look!

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I wear a tiny nose stud that's very easy to miss and have done for donkeys' years. I don't know if you distinguish between nose rings and nose studs, because I know some people don't.

But to answer your question as objectively as I can, I like tiny not in your face nose studs and hate nose rings. However I wouldn't go so far as to say manufacturers should stop making them, because as far as I know they don't have an adverse effect on those who wear them or those they come into contact with. It's a free world, and in as much as there will be people out there who abhor nose studs/nose rings; it'd would be verging on being autocratic and oppressive to prevent people from doing that which is essentially their basic freedom of expression, especially seeing as it's not detrimental to human lives (or hurting animal welfare).....just my take on the matter :)

8. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't care what any man or woman does to their body, so long as he/she does not force i or another man to do the same. People can cut their arms, legs, ears, and whatever limb off their bodies, and I would still not care, because I stand forever to uphold their "rights" to do whatever people wish to do to their selves but what people do with that right - so long as he/she do not harm, injure, or wrong another human - is of no concern to me. Personally I don't mind nose and ear rings or jewelries, whether on a woman or man, those are fine in my perspective.

9. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind a nose ring on someone. The things is, people have gone quite overboard with them nowadays (like most things) I think that piercings are nice when they aren't made to be the center of attention on your body. I think that's what makes most accessories work. The fact that they can add to your features without being the focus of your features (if that makes any sense).

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find nose rings rather attractive, but I wouldn't have one myself. The same way that I never would want to have any tattoos or other modifications done to my body.
    I have a friend who likes to wear a nose stud, and I think it really suits her very well. When she wears her tiny ruby or carnelian, it gives her face something exotic and mysterious. :)

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nose rings don't make some look prettier. In fact in case one was to get himself/herself in a brawl then someone would just grab that ring and . . . yeah, you get the picture. I witnessed something like that once and it wasn't pretty.

Manufacturers of jewelry are in business to make money. Anything that sells they'll make. So if people still find nose rings attractive, they'll make them. In any case people have a right to do whatever they please with their bodies.

12. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Can't see myself ever getting one. Nope. Looks painful. Not even fond of the way they look; but no, manufacturers should not stop making them just because some of us don't particularly like them. Others do and that's fine by me.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally am averse to wearing nose rings, belly button piercings and any other "jewelry that leads to permanent disfiguration of the skin" as you call it. However, just because I don't want to wear it that doesn't mean other people shouldn't wear it too. They're free to do what they want with their skins but it's a path they must undertake with conviction otherwise they'll truly regret it. I support freedom of expression but like all freedoms, you have to be responsible for it.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't like them but I don't think manufacturers should stop making them. Lots of people find it appealing so there's a market for it and I'm just one person who doesn't like it, and since it doesn't affect me when they wear it then it's okay with me. As someone who isn't a fan though, I do hope it doesn't catch on so much that everyone starts doing it.