Not happy with Bank of America

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by DontFan • Jun 2, 2012.

1. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    Was opening a credit card at Bank of America as co-applicant to help my daughter build her credit card score.
    Here is a list of all the issues i have encountered in 2 weeks !
    * Mistake made with the original application between co-applicant (sharing of score) and co-owner (no sharing)
    * Shipped to the wrong address (mine instead of my daughter)
    * Advised online for auto-payment to phone for checking account activation, having phoned, told that it was already activated
    * Advised by phone how to activate auto-payment ending up in failure
    * Advised over an other phone call a form will be sent ... still waiting for it
    Don't try to work with the Bank of America credit card !! ... My other card is from Chase and a lot smoother ...
    Are you happy with Bank of America ?

2. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I really have not heard much of anything good about Bank of America. Glad I use a local credit union for that reason.

3. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Many of the "big" banks are bad. The slap fees on everything. Like the poster above mentioned, use a local credit union because you will get treated much better and you won't have to pay any fees. Unlike banks like Bank of America, credit unions are non-profit financial corporations.

4. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    Almost no one is happy with Bank of America. They have one of the absolute lowest customer satisfaction percentages of all banks. I stopped using them years ago. I recommend trying to find a smaller local bank or credit union. I went to a small credit union and have been very happy and less stressed than if I were still using Bank of America.

5. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Historically, Bank of America has always had a bad track record. You should see how bad their track record was before their name change. Back when they were Fleet, it was just as bad. But when new executives took over and they renamed it to Bank of America, it was meant to get better. Obviously, it didn't get better at all.

6. Gamrpro

GamrproMember

Threads:
    Wow...that is sad. I moved from bank of America such a LONG time ago! I hated it so much. I think Chase is 10x better than BOC. Get it!

7. goodselfme

goodselfmeMember

Threads:
    While I was scanning some banks that are having somethings to do with the global problems they were listed as :
    Wells Fargo, Bank of America and Chase. I quickly changed my usual banking from Chase to a local Credit Union. I found out from the Credit Union representative that 30 to 40 people a week are coming into that credit union and switching from the mega banks as mentioned here. He mentioned one more, which I cannot recall now. You might do lots of good for you and your daughter to consider having a credit union as a major monitary source and quickly get rid of your Bank of America and all the problems you mention.

8. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    ...I have no problem with Bank of America and I never have. I mean when I began with them in college it was with a credit card. That card began with a limit of 500 and when I showed myself to be a good credit user it was automatically bumped up a thousand dollars to 1500. Customer service has always been great and I have nothing bad to say to them. Further I, my mother, my younger sister, and my half-brother all have accounts with them that have nothing to do with credit. In fact my siblings who are in the military were advised to get accounts with Bank of America because they are worldwide amongst other things. Again we get alot of conviences and no issues. I'm sorry you had problems, but I have never experienced anything like that. I hope it works out for you.

9. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I left Bank of America years ago when I deposited $500 in cash and I couldn't access it for two days! I bank at a local small bank now and get much better service than I ever did from any of the large banks.

10. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    I use to bank at LaSalle, which I believe were bought by bank of America and I pulled out and switched to a small local bank. The best thing I ever did. There were too many strange fee's showing up on my bank statement. My local bank gives me free checking and no monthly balance needed. Best of Luck.

11. dexterlablab1

Threads:
    Honestly, if at all possible, try to move yourself from any of the big banks. Almost all of them lead to some sort of trouble.

12. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I don't deal with major banks because they're not trustworthy. I had an account with Bank of America a long time ago, and they were taking out .10 cents from my account everyday. A bunch of other people noticed this and they complained. It turns out, an employee at Bank of America was stealing money from everyone's accounts. After that ordeal I closed my account and never looked back. Before you join a bank research them first, so you don't waste your time with a bad bank.

13. dexterlablab1

Threads:

No bank is totally trustworthy. It's just that the big banks seem to be more inclined to give you a hassle about any money issues you may have. At least with smaller banks, they know their small. So they won't try to shaft over their customers for fear of losing them. The big ones don't care about that because they know they have so many other customers.

14. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like the Banks in the US are exactly the same as here in the UK - well the big ones anyway. I had no end of trouble trying to open a normal savings account, I realise the need for checks etc but really, at one point I thought I was going to have to provide a DNA sample. I believe large banks are far less personal than smaller alternatives, which means they lose their customer focus.

15. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, banks are not there to serve the public, they exist in order to exploit the public. I mean if one bank has 10 million customers and each one pays one dollar a month service fees...they make 10 million dollars clear a month, just for charging that 'small amount'. They are already playing around with your money while it sits there. The banking systems in most of the world are owned by the same 'money families'. Most are corrupt - not all.

I agree that credit unions are a good option. The people I know who actually have money (as in savings and investments) are all with credit unions.

Best we all choose the best way of keeping as much of our money and TIME (which they try and squander as well)....and 'don't pay full'.

16. savetoday

savetodayMember

Threads:
    I'm more and more tempted to go with the smaller banks. But they really don't have the image or availability necessary.

I mean do I start?

(short of googling 'small banks' but I mean in terms of meeting a person face to face)

17. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have actually been a member for years and am considering changing banks. They can be sneaky with their fees and arent as convenient as other banks are. I have had many bad experiences with them so I don't doubt others have gotten the same

18. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    That's pretty much what I did. I did a google search for credit unions in my neighborhood. In fact, the only thing that has stopped me from making the change is the possibility of moving out of the neighborhood relatively soon. Else all my money would be gone from the bank and sitting in a non-profit local-serving credit union.

19. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have had a bank account with them for ever, and its just all I know.
    I used to have a cc with them, but they closed it. I understand why though, but thats been years ago.
    I would like to get a new cc.

20. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have had an account with BofA since 2001 and we have had our ups and downs. Their over draft fees are killer and I loved my Student account, but once I was graduated the fees started rolling in. Now I have an e-account and never go into the bank for anything. I'm happy with that and customer service is always nice, but the wait times on the phone are so long. I hate Chase. They are not understanding at all so I closed my account with them as soon as I can. Chase also has such high interest rates. Stick it out with BofA before switching over to Chase. It's just like moving from one hell to another.