Not happy with the LG Android phone

Discussion in Product Reviews started by oavani • Nov 20, 2013.

1. oavani

oavaniNew Member

Threads:
    About a year ago I panicked after losing my smartphone during a bike ride home from a bar in New Orleans. Without doing any research first, I went ahead and bought the first affordable phone I could get. I thought that without a phone right away, the sky would fall down on me.
    First off, this thing wasn't worth the price I paid. To this day, it periodically reboots itself, and the antenna is too weak to keep a signal for long periods of time. The only thing good about it is that the battery lasts quite a while.

The model I have is an LG E400. I'm sure I could have opted for something better if I'd waited, but like I said.. I was in a panic.

I do not recommend spending any money on this phone. If it's offered for free in some sort of pre-paid phone plan, I still would be wary. It has not been a dependable device for work, and I've lost messages in cell space that people claim to have sent me. I can't receive text pictures, although the company claims the phone can handle that. It has hardly any storage space on it at all, and I often get prompted to delete anything I possibly can in order to continue sending texts. I can only download up to 3 apps on it before the memory is full.

The only good thing that I can say about it is that it's small… if you like small. I personally prefer a slightly bigger screen, but hey. Size is subjective, right? I have learned my lesson. I will be less dramatic about losing my "life line" next time and do my homework first.

2. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    Man, that really stinks. For future reference just so you know with any of the service providers you have 30 days to return the phone if you don't like it and pick out a different one. It's a shame you didn't know that when you got this phone because that would have been great for you to do and not have to deal with such a crappy phone for so long.

3. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    My LG also has a problem with its text memory. Otherwise I am happy with it. It is an Optimus IV, model VM670. Some people complain about my outgoing volume, but other people have no problem. I had another LG and had the same problem with text memory.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you for warning us, I always thought that if a brand is famous and reputable, then the possibility of making a crappy phone is less likely. Sure they may make less sophisticated and feature limited phones, but I'd never thought that they'd make crappy phones. I'd stay away from LG now.

5. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have a LG smartphone, which it gets very slow although I have only downloaded two apps. I don't know the reason the phone gets slow and it sometimes says the memory is too low, but I don't use the phone too often enough to cause. I thought Samsung phones usually get slower after frequent use, but I am wrong.