Nutribullet infomercial

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by roy835 • Oct 29, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    I keep seeing this infomercial about Nutribullet. It is a blender type of product that you can put variety of vegetables, fruits, and/or nuts in, then you would add some kind of liquid such as water, milk or something else. The product seems to be selling very well because I see the commercial constantly and I think my sister said that she bought one. I am just wondering though. Does the product really work as well as they claim. They claim that if you use it like a "juicer" it can produce wonderful health benefits. I am very leery of infomercials though. They just seem to always say wonderful things about the product that leaves me wondering if the product really works. If you have used the product, let me know what you think about it and how it is working for you. I may be thinking about buying one if it really works so well as they claim on the infomercial.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw this product about four or three months ago, but not on TV. I am a part of the Crossfit sports community, and many of us are health and nutrition freaks, and I had only first heard things about this product through them. They apparently extract all of the good stuff out of the food and combines these nourishing elements together for you to eat and drink. I don't own one yet, but I have not heard a complaint from any of the people who I do Crossfit with. They are all very happy with their purchase.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Most people are very satisfied with the NutriBullet as it's pretty much a more powerful Magic Bullet which was a huge success. It's not a juicer in the sense that you are still drinking the skin and the pith, a juicer only gives you juice and you lose all of the fiber that is sitting in the tank after juicing, so the NutriBullet is a blender. Both blending and juicing have their benefits, it just depends on what your overall goals are.

4. DreekLass

Threads:
    it is also known as an extractor. In fact, that was the deciding feature for many of the people in my Crossfit group. So you can toss something in there, and it will extract all of the things out of it that are good for you apparently. I have also heard that the Nutribullet is really easy to clean, just like it says in the annoying late night infomercial lol. Even in the UK, if you stay up late enough for a channel to end, the commercial plays over and over again in the AM times.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I already have a Magic Bullet and a Ninja so I'm not convinced that I need a Nutribullet. I'm pretty sure I could just put fruit and vegetables into one of my blenders and get a similar result. I think they're just trying to sell another blender.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    This is me as well. I got the Magic Bullet 10 years ago as a wedding gift. It was wonderful for about 2 years, when we were drinking smoothies on the way to work every day. Then we used it to make our own baby food. But after that time, I noticed the blades dulled, and honestly, the motor wasn't as strong either.

We got the Ninja last year for Christmas. I love it. The blades are much sharper and the length makes the complete blending so much more effective than a regular blender.

I don't honestly see what the Nutribullet has that something like the Ninja or the Vitamix doesn't.

Yep. Just another blender to me too.

7. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Nutribullet

I have had the Magic Bullet for a few years. I have noticed that whenever I make a green smoothie, it does not blend so well.

A friend bought the latest Nutribullet. I noticed those smoothies are just perfectly blended. Even if broccoli or cauliflower is used everything is blended perfectly. There were no chunks or clumps. However, she pointed out that it will only come out smoothie if blended with ICE CUBES. Why do ice cubes make a difference?:confused:

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    I saw the Nutribullet infomercial - although I am not sure what the difference is between a commercial and an infomercial? lol - again last night. I really paid attention this time, and one clip showed numerous different blenders on the work surface, and then they vanished only to be replaced by the Nutribullet. So basically they are making out that the nutribullet does everything. So much so that you can get rid of all of your other different blenders.

9. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not watched the infomercial becasue I have MagicBullet, and I thought this was basically the same thing. the Magic Bullet was fine for just blending up a smoothie, but when I tried to put in something like carrots and apples, forget it ! It just wouldn't do it, and you can only run the blades forabout 10 seconds, and then it rest , or they warn you that it seizes up.
    I also have a Ninja, and it munches up all kinds of fruits and veggies. I like to use the smaller size container mosst of the time, since I am just wanting a glass of blended juice, and not a whole pitcher full.
    Now that I realize that the Nutribillet is a different kind of a blender, I will look on youtube and watch the infomercial; but it is not likely that i will buy another blender with the ones I already have.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    It is to my understanding that the Nutribullet will slice all of those things that you mentioned up n a heartbeat. it has a powerful and fast blade system. Something like ten thousand spins per minute? Or something like that. Another feature that I have heard people gushing about is the fact that it removes seeds and bits. One of the things that I have always detested about blenders is that there are always bits of the fruit or seeds from certain fruits in your drink after.