Nutrisystem works

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Rhoda D'ettore • Nov 3, 2014.

1. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    I tried Nutrisystem many many years ago. It worked and I lost 80 pounds in about six months. I kept it off for three years. Eventually I gained it back, mostly due to medication. After another few years, I tried NS again, but this time they had a great online support system and it was so much easier. Some of the food is better than others, but if you get involve with the online, they will tell you some secrets and recipes to make things better.

Have any of you used this? What is your story?

The down side to me was that the food variety did not change often enough.

2. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    Hi! Yes, I agree that Nutrisystem works!! I did Nutrisystem twice, each time after I had a baby (well after I finished nursing so it was like a year after.) I can definitely say that it worked for me!!!! But, you do need to follow it and not cheat at all!

The only complaint I would have is the cost. If you are motivated enough, you can lose it without paying so much by following Weight Watchers and just buying inexpensive food.

I was on the online community too and it helped. Can I ask was there a gal on there still named ijustwanttolive? She was very, very overweight. I wonder how she is doing now? This was several years ago though.

3. MichelleTheConsumer

MichelleTheConsumerMember

Threads:
    I have tried Nutrisystem two different times, separated by a few years.

I absolutely love their protein shakes. Most of the rest of their stuff tasted vaguely cardboardish to me, but I lost weight with their system.

The problem I had was that they are far too pricey for my budget.

I ended up having surgery and lost my weight that way, but I still buy up their shakes whenever I see them on eBay or in stores.

4. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Sounds like something I should try. I really have a hard time losing weight in my stomach especially. I need to get out more and exercise, eat healthy and stop giving up on myself. I eat junk whenever I'm depressed so I know that doesn't help very much. I also watch too much tv. I just need to change my lifestyle and maybe this is the way to do it.

5. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I never tried Nutrisystem because of my diabetes but now they came out with a version for diabetics and I am considering trying it. I have also noticed that their food variety is not very diverse though and that is why I haven't committed to it as of yet. Also I am a bit worried about taste. How would you guys rate its products on the taste scale?

6. MichelleTheConsumer

MichelleTheConsumerMember

Threads:
    Some of the food was okay, but much of it, as I mentioned above, tastes a little like cardboard. These are particularly the pizzas and hamburger buns.

On the bright side, there is a whole section on their site which contains recipes for "doctoring" the food they send. Many of those are excellent and "peppy."

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I couldn't see myself ever giving this a try. I've never been so overweight that I've been desperate enough to try this. I try to eat decently healthy, and I work out quite a bit so I've never found myself overweight. I couldn't see myself sticking to the Nutrisystem diet. I'm not a fan of microwavable food. It just doesn't taste good to me. I'd rather have something of better quality.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ditto that. Nutrisystem, like many of these types of diets are unhealthy. It's junk food, plain and simple and cutting calories isn't the answer to weight or health. Of course you will lose weight if it's a change from your norm, but if you can't do it forever, why do it at all? If you can do it forever, you won't be very healthy. If you eat for HEALTH, your access weight will fly off and stay off. There is no counting or starving or worrying about burning off what you just ate. Eat what your body is meant to eat and eat until you're satisfied. Stop lining pockets.. if you have the motivation to change your life, you have the motivation to do it all on your own. It doesn't get simpler than just eating actual foods. If you don't mind being unhealthy in the long run though, then kudos on the weight loss. It seems to be top priority for most people.. I was there once too. Having both health and a fit body though.. nothing like it :)