O2Cool 5 inch Battery Operated Fan

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Serena • Oct 23, 2014.

1. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I am from Ghana and we have a lot of rolling blackouts. They can last for more than 12 hours at a time. During the dry season, it can be really miserable when you have no air blowing on you. I do some online work where I get paid with Amazon gift cards. Since I can use these to have items shipped internationally, I decided to search for a battery operated fan to put me out of my misery. So, after searching and searching on Amazon, I found myself settling on the O2Cool 5 inch fan, which came as a twin pack. I just have to say, I'm so grateful for these! These make the blackouts feel more bearable because at least I can stay cool. They are pretty powerful to be so small and they have a high and low setting. Of course, I keep them on the high setting!

2. askanison

askanisonMember

Threads:
    I purchased one of these to save a bit on a/c costs in my home office and I haven't got too many complaints. It is a bit bulky, but it clips on and turns any way I need it to. It takes two D batteries and so far I get almost 3 weeks of use before the batteries start running down and I need new ones. I would suggest getting rechargeable ones if you plan on using it daily to save a bit of cash on replacement batteries. It keeps my desk in a cone of coolness all summer long and I live down south where the humidity is horrible all summer long.

3. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Askanison,

Thanks for responding. I have the ones with the little fold out stands on them. I wish I could get three weeks on my batteries, but the D size batteries that are most readily available and the cheapest here are not alkaline, which I think may be what you are using. These batteries are made out of something else, but I am not sure exactly what they are made out of. They may last for 12 hours at a time; if that. Unfortunately, rechargeable batteries are not readily available here, but if they were, I would most certainly use them.

4. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Wow @Serena, this is so cool, thank you for bringing this to my knowledge, I just searched for it on Amazon and I love it at first glance, lol, I would do well with this when driving, jogging or walking and most importantly sleeping, I also looked at different styles of the fan, and I love them, there's also the square looking one :) I also noticed you said you did some online work that pays you in Amazon gift cards, do you mind sharing that with me? I would really appreciate it, lol, and you never might know, to thank you, I might just buy and ship something to you as a thank you gift :)

5. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    Hi ExpertAdvice,

Thanks for responding. You're welcome! I'm so glad I have these fans now. Blackouts are so miserable! I have the square looking ones with the fold out stands, but yes, they have a few different ones. It's really hot right now. So, they certainly do come in handy. While everyone else in my town is sweating, I am as cool as a fan. Ha! Sure. I'll share the sites with you.