Off Season

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MarriedGirl15 • Sep 10, 2015.

1. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    When buying clothes off season do you think you save money verses buying clothing during the season? For example if it's winter, then you start shopping for spring or summer clothes. I've never done this before but it seems like a good way to save money on clothing. What do you all think?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:You'd definitely save money when you buy off season. I bought all my Christmas presents for the next year during sales all year long. By the time Christmas rolls around I've gotten all my presents without the hustle and bustle of the season. It's so much easier buying off season. When there is an umbrella sale during sunny days is the same thing. Just see what bargains available off season and compare and you'll see the savings add up. Other ways to save is to join ebates.com for online shopping.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    It tends to be a good strategy, yes. Knowing when seasonal things go on clearance and taking advantage can save you a pretty decent chunk of change. It doesn’t quite apply where I live, but on occasion I’ll need a heavier jacket (dat rain!) and I scored a super cute one during an end-of-season clearance sale a few years ago.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do this myself. The only real problem I have with it is that there is a severe lack of selection during off season for obvious reasons but for general items that I know I'll need to buy a lot of like generic hoodies etc I find it's best to buy them during off season since they are at their lowest price at that time. Although to be honest these days store sale prices go way down on certain unsold items so it's not as necessary to buy off season anymore.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    People have been doing this for years! Most mothers teach their daughters this and unless you come from a millionaire family, everyone does this. Most stores do have year round clothing, but many turn around stock so fast there are always sales. It also depends where you live. Here in the UK where summer is short, summer sales are on fast because stores know people won't buy and stock up. They would rather sell rather than store things.

6. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that buying off season saves money. Many times, stores need to turn over old merchandise and they lower the prices a lot. I get great prices for winter shoes in the summer, and lots of summer clothes in the winter.
    Because I hate being cold, an fall brings jacked up prices, then I especially buy my winter clothes in spring and summer, for huge savings.

7. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Oh for sure - you'll most definitely save a whole of money shopping this way.

Especially as most stores and particularly high end stores generally have end of season clearance sales where everything is more often than not marked down well below half price. Which as I always like to replace any items that are getting a bit warn at the end of each season - rather than have the hassle of trying to find bargains on much needed items at a time of year when those items are being sold at a much higher price - they are something that I always take advantage of - particularly as I can usually pick up some excellent bargains and therefore make huge savings in the process.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to stock up at the end of the season to add to or replace the items that have been worn out or damaged. Now is the time to get some summer outfits at a good price for next year. You maynot have as many choices but you can still get some good prices so it does not matter if it is your first choice.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying off season most certainly will save you money but to get the best deals you timing [when you buy must be right]. Winter attire should be bought in summer and vice versa.

But as DrRipley points out, these days you can find great deals on clothes any time.

If you want to, you could buy clothes from another country as long as they promise you free shipping.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy the majority of my clothes from charity shops so I'm always buying summer stuff in winter and vice-versa. It's actually quite convenient to shop like this as it means that when the new season kicks in, you've already got quite a good choice of things to wear.

11. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do tend to shop at the end of the season sales. I used to be able to capitalize on this when I went home (to Massachusetts) a lot, because the Summer clothing, decor, beach items, etc. would go on sale around July 4th, and I can use those things during most of the year here in Texas. I could also snag some deals not long after Christmas down here, for outerwear that I could use through March and sometimes April and beyond up there, because the outerwear here is lighter than what's typically sold up there. I've also saved a lot over the years by doing that for my nieces, not only for gifts, but just for clothing in general, as well as back to school items.

12. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to do this too. Usually, before summer season starts, there will be a clearance sale for all rainy season clothes. It is good to take advantage of this because you will save a large amount money this way. I have bought many jackets and hoodies from clearance sales. Same goes for buying summer clothes in rainy season. I live in a tropical country so really the only cold time here is during December and January. I purchase shorts and some other summer clothes during that time when what is in demand are rainy season clothes.

13. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I do this all the time. I'll buy clothes at the end of the season when they go on sale. Stores are making way for the next season's clothes and it's a great time to buy clothes. I'll buy a bathing suit, shorts and t-shirts in October even though I may not get to wear those brand new pair of shorts until next summer. It's still a great way to save money. At the end of March is a great time to get deals on winter coats and boots too.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You do tend to save more money buying off-season clothing because those are usually the clothing on sale. I will usually buy lots of summer clothes on winter because in here the winter is very short and The rest of the year is really hot, so usually during the winter, the summer clothes are cheaper and those are the ones you use the most. It's definitely worth doing that.