Oil Cleansing!

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by blues • Feb 10, 2015.

1. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    I have dry/tight skin that flakes a lot, but it's also super oily. I've tried a variety of cleansers and moisturizers to combat it but to no avail. I think the only thing that helped a little was OCM, or the oil cleansing method. The thought behind it is that like attracts like and therefore, by cleansing with oils, you'll better wash out the oils from your products but not be too dry afterwards. The first site you get on googling is:

They present a pretty basic routine for that; however, there's a ton more oils out there. When I initially tried some of the oils, I actually broke out on some of the more popular ones! It's best to patch test before covering your face in new things, regardless of what it is :p. I've gone through a few oils but I think I found one that I'll stick to for a while at least. I ordered some store-brand cleansing oils as well, to see if they work as well as just plain oils. Typically, the stores make the cleansers so that it's a one-time deal. Some people like to just use the oils and steam their face but I always have to use a light cleanser afterwards because there's just something in me that just doesn't like the oily feeling, even if I think my skin is liking it. Anyone else heard/tried this?