Oil Of Olay, In-shower Body Lotion

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Zyni • Feb 6, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love this stuff. I have very dry skin, especially in the winter time (or any cold weather). I use the Oil of Olay body wash as well, but then use the in shower lotion too. It's like having conditioner for your skin. I think it smells nice too. I have yet to find anything (in this price range) that works as well.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't yet tried this product in particular, but I love the brand Olay, they have great quality affordable products. I like their skin care very much, from face wash to cleaning wipes!

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I have some Olay in-shower body lotion, but I haven't used in a long while. I remember it making my skin feel soft, but for some reason I stopped using it. I don't remember why. I still have it though, maybe I'll use some of it in the not-too-distant future.

4. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use Oil of Olay, and loved it, when I was a teenager, and for some reason I stopped. I can not remember why. I have dry skin too, and it was always so rich, creamy and nourishing. Seeing this conversation makes me want to try it out again. The in shower lotion sounds heavenly. I know they have high quality, and as of the last few years, I prefer chemical free cosmetics, for my health; so I am hoping they can accommodate me with this.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to use just the plain old Oil of Olay lotion. It was a little square bottle with pink lotion and a black lid, I think. I don't know why I stopped using it. It seems like for a while, I couldn't find it. My daughter bought me a shower gel and (regular) lotion set for Christmas. It's purple, and I think the scent is orchid. It's a 24 hour moisturizer, and it works nicely as well. I had never seen that version before, but I like it.

6. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    I have used Oil of Olay face lotion for years and wouldn't switch if I was paid to! I absolutely love how it doesn't weigh my face down, and I also use it on my neck to keep the crepe at bay.
    I've never seen this product in a shower gel, but I would definitely use it because I've always had positive results with the face lotion. I'll check my local drug-store later this week to see if this product is available in my area.

7. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to have to check it out. Right now my skin is so dry and I haven't found anything to help. My arms are particularly bad. I have a mint lotion that helps for a little while, but the next day it's bad all over again. Thanks for the tip!

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love the stuff, Kana_Marie. It seems to seal in the moisture and protect your skin as well. It's about the only thing that I've had good luck with. Olay is just good stuff, if you ask me, and it's surprisingly affordable. I've tried pricier options that didn't work as well.

I also recently tried the

in it, and I'm really happy with it too.

9. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I also use Oil of Olay in shower body lotion and the stuff is amazing. My skin feels hydrated all day long and I rarely ever have to apply regular lotion on top of it. I would pay $20 a bottle if I had to because this stuff works that good, but hopefully I would never have to!

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have very dry skin and have used the Oil of Olay products for some time now. I like the feel of my skin after a shower and the fact that it does not leave a ring around the tub to clean out if I took a bath instead of a shower.

11. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have thus far only tried the Oil of Olay lotions. I loved the original but have changed to the mature skin formula and in the summer I use the kind with sunscreen. I might have to try the shower gel sometime but will have to get past my love for the soap I make myself. My skin seems to love my homemade recipe.

12. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder if my mom would like this. I don’t really have dry skin, but she does and it’s pretty severe. She can never find anything to help the problem. I know I like Oil of Olay face moisturizers, so I think I’ll have to let her know she should look into this.

13. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You should definitely tell her about it, in my opinion. My skin gets severe too. I think she would like it.

Just a thought: maybe pick up some for her for Mother's Day. I just found an

You could get a coupon or maybe other nice deals for her too. Perhaps you could even get a sample somewhere and let her try it out first. Then if she likes it, you have a perfect gift.

14. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    That’s an excellent idea indeed. I do need to do some Mother’s Day shopping, and this might work out really well. Thank you for the link!

15. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My pleasure. :) I know I was thrilled to receive it the first time I was gifted some. I had recently tried it, even though I was skeptical, and I had found out how nice it was. My husband bought me the largest container he could find lol. Then, the kids started buying it for me as well, and as I noted, I now even have some with a different scent. I hope it will work for your mother and that she will enjoy it as well. Have a great day.

16. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So how exactly does it work then? Do you apply it whilst you're still wet from the shower then dry off? If so, that would be well worth trying out - I get annoyed with waiting for body lotion to sink in before I get dressed so a product like this would be ideal.

17. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I tried a sample of it that I got and initially thought it was a good product, but then when I read the label I realized it had ingredients I did not want to be putting on my skin. I also have concerns about how blucher more cleaning time it would add to cleaning the shower. I have a feeling that we're I to use it regularly I would have to clean the shower floor thoroughly every other day to keep it safe for myself and my roommate.