Oily Skin

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Blossom • May 19, 2013.

1. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking for something natural to help reduce the oil on my face. I have tried honey and I like the results, except that it was a little irritating. A day after using it, I find that I have a few small bumps. So I was wondering what else I could try.

2. littledipster

littledipsterNew Member

Threads:
    I have two suggestions but they might not be the kind of things you are looking for.. I personally have tried both and they have worked but I'm not sure it's what you want if you are looking for a wash or something similar that keeps the oil away. I think Neutrogena makes special wipes that you are supposed to use throughout the day to blot the oil away. I've used these, but if you're going to be in public and would rather not use them in front of everyone then that's understandable. I have also used a product by Jack Black skin care called "All Day Oil Control Lotion" from Sephora. This works very well and you just rub it onto your forehead and face in the morning and it keeps the oil away for most of the day. I have found that the lotion works pretty well but it's also very expensive; around $25 for a small bottle. But it does last awhile too. I hope this helps! I personally just wet my face when I use the restroom throughout the day and it works pretty well for me!

3. burdianex

burdianexNew Member

Threads:
    try clearasil it works for me..oilys skin have fade away in weeks

4. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    Hey I am sick of the oily skin and I tried out Clearasil and it works for sometime but it comes down to square one after sometime.. Is there any product to get rid of the oily skin permanently :confused:

5. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend switching your face wash to Cetaphil.
    This is a drug store brand that almost every dermatologist will recommend to you. It washed your face very gently and it doesn't strip your skin of more oil than it would need on a daily basis. It is very sensitive and with time you will see how your oil glands will adapt to it.
    Another temporary solution is just using pore and oil absorbing sheets that take off access oil.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oil combats oil.. I would experiment with various types of oils (coconut, olive, jojoba etc) to see which your skin prefers. It's all trial and error though, so you might go through many before you find the right one, or your skin might just love the first one you try. You should also give each one a chance to work for you.. one day won't do the trick. Look up the oil cleansing method, maybe it's what you're looking for.

7. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    I am not sure but have come across a remedy that has proven to be very good for oily skin... I have read that for oily skin you should wash your face 3 times a day with tooth paste (No Jokes) The mint helps reduce oil from your skin... keeping it dry for longer time of the day.

8. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    Firstly using substances derived from vitamin A like retin-a or tazarotene, to reduce inflammation of the skin and to unplug pores. Retin-A can cause skin reddening at first but this is quite normal as the skin's blood supply is improved and younger looking skin begins to appear presenting a youthful complexion. Using a product that includes zinc will also help the vitamin a function better.

9. Nathan

NathanBanned

Threads:
    Mmm i wouldl iek to say you that i am research with various kinds of sebum (coconut, olive, jojoba oil etc) to see which your epidermis wants it's all experimentation though so you might go through many before you get the right one or your epidermis might just really like the first one you try........

#9Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you wave a Trader Joe's close to you, a quick, really cheap alternative is to get Tea Tree oil there. I can't remember the exact price, but the bottle can't be more than 4 or 5 bucks, and you can use it as an astringent for your face and remove the oils. It will not dry your skin out, and it will help diminish scarring and dark spots. I love it.
    You get a cotton pad, wet it a little and add 2 little drops of it. Even only one if you find it too strong.
    After this, you simply press it into your face. It's really easy!

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside from using those oil absorbing sheets, I suggest that you try Cetaphil, you can use that even with no water and it cleanses and removes oil from your face while you're on the go.

12. Joepal

JoepalNew Member

Threads:
    For oily skin i think you have to use face wash during bathing time on the place of soap, don't use soap on your face use natural face wash that reduce oil on your face apply two time in day and you found some good results.

13. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    Oily skin is something that most of us have suffered with and I really feel your pain. I have been an acne sufferer for more than ten years and they only advise I can give you is that drink lots of water. Water not only does it help with clearing off your skin but may assist with also other underlying problems you may not have been aware of.

Avoid using harsh chemicals on your face, you will only make the problem worse. Try using products such as sunlight, aqueous cream I know it sound a bit off but trust me. These products will do your face wonders.

14. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    Simple Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Oily Skin

1. Cleansing Routine
    The one way to keep oily skin under control is to have a proper cleaning ritual set up. This has to be followed with regularity.
    • A mild soap should be used to wash the face at least two to three times in a day
    • If one has been out, the face and the neck should be washed after coming in from outdoors
    • If the rest of the body has oily skin too, proper cleaning should be done with mild soap during bath

2. Use Of Astringent And Toner
    It is necessary not only to wash one’s face but to follow the three step process:
    • One needs to use an astringent to remove the dirt on the surface
    • After that a mild soap or face wash should be used and the face washed with tepid water
    • The toner should be used to close the pores after the face is dried

3. Use Of Water Based Moisturizer
    • Those who have oily skin usually stay away from moisturizer as their skin is oily
    • After washing the face and body, one could apply a water based moisturizer to retain the moisture content in the body

4. Use Of Sunscreen
    The sun is known to play havoc on the skin. It dries up the skin and makes the sebaceous glands secrete excess oil.
    • It is important to use water based sunscreen to protect oneself from the sun
    • The sunscreen should be chosen such that it does not clog up the pores and lead to formation of pimples

5. Diet Changes
    It has been seen that a lot depends on the diet that one follows. If one has oily skin, one has to take care of the following points:
    • Fried food and fatty food leads to excess oil secretion on the skin
    • Intake of high calorie or sweet food items also increases the chances of excess oil and pimple formation

6. Intake Of Fresh Fruits And Vegetables
    • It is necessary to consume a balanced diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables
    • Food that is lightly cooked and nutritious will go a long way to maintain healthy looking skin

7. Fluid Intake
    The skin develops pimples due to the clogged pores which are covered with dirt and grime. If the blood circulation is increased then the detoxification process shows its results on one’s face.
    • It is beneficial to drink lots of water to flush out toxin
    • Fluid such as fresh fruit juices and others help to keep the skin hydrated an cool

8. Caffeinated Beverages To Be Avoided
    • Intake of caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee needs to be moderated
    • These drinks heat up the system and cause excess oil to be secreted

9. Carbonated Drinks To Be Avoided
    • Drinks like fizzy drinks and others high on sugar content should be avoided
    • Sweet and carbonated drinks are often linked to pimple formation on oily skin

10. White Flour Based Food Products Should Be Avoided
    White flour based food products usually consist of easy carbs that load up and increase the blood sugar levels in the body. It is better to opt for the whole grain versions like:
    • Multi gain or whole grain bread, pasta or brown rice consisting of complex carbs and fibers
    • These food items provide the necessary fiber to the system which also helps to detoxify the system

11. Fried And Fat Food Items Need To Be Consumed In Moderation
    It has been seen that, those in their puberty and having oily skin usually suffer from acne problems the most. While for them fried and junk food is hard to stay away from, they could make healthier choices like:
    • Opting for a wholegrain burger with lean meat
    • Opting for gilled dishes than fried ones

12. Treatment Of Acne
    While there are many over-the-counter medications which one can opt for, it is best to use masks or cleaning solutions that are prepared with beneficial natural ingredients.
    • Use of cucumber, lemon and other citric based fruits as masks is known to show effects
    • These masks will help to control the oil as well as they reduce the blemishes on the face

13. Use Of Lime Or Lemon
    • It is beneficial to drink lemon juice with warm water and honey to cleanse the system
    • One could even use the lime juice as a mask along with ingredients like gram flour and cold milk
    • Lemon juice drinks is a great alternative to drinking fizzy drinks to help quench the thirst and balance out the excess oil content

14. Egg Whites
    While many might think that it is messy, however, a face mask of egg white is a great way to firm up the skin and to reduce the excess oil content from one’s face:
    • One would need to break an egg in such a way that the white is separated from the yolk
    • The yolk can be mixed with lime juice and pasted all over the face and neck as a mask
    • After the skin tightens up in ten or fifteen minutes, it can be washed off to reveal youthful and former skin.

15. Use Of Clay Masks
    • There are many clay masks that are found in stores to help remove the excess oil from the skin
    • Not only is the excess oil removed, the clay mask tighten up and closes the pores

16. Use Of Orange Peel
    There are many readymade face masks that are available in stores but one can even make an orange peel face mask at home:
    • The orange peel need to be collected and dried
    • The dried orange peel can be made into a powder
    • This can be made into a paste for a great homemade mask

17. Ensuring Physical Activities
    There is nothing like sweating it out to get the oil and the dirt out.
    • When one does exercises the blood circulation helps to improve blood circulation to the face
    • The excess sweat drives out the dirt from the pores and makes them open up
    • A proper cleaning routine followed afterwards leads to fresh and less oily skin

18. Rest Is Required
    • Increase of stress leads to build up of excess oil and clogged pores
    • Rest and sleep habits should be proper to keep stress and pimples at bay