Olive Oil Soap on Hair

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by mistymi • Apr 15, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I ordered Papoutsanis olive oil bar soap on Amazon after looking for health care products without harmful ingredients. Another website selling it said it could be used as shampoo and I read that other people have used olive oil soap to wash their hair but they used some other ingredients as well. So far I like how it feels on the skin and it's okay to wash my hair with too. I'm fine continuing to use it, but I think the right shampoo would be better. I have short hair and it just feels slightly drier and thicker than before. The reason I didn't order shampoo was to save money. I couldn't find shampoo without harmful ingredients on Amazon for a good price. Anyway do you use shampoo or are you one of those no poo people? ;)

2. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I wish I could go without shampoo. But my hair gets too dirty if I don't use it. I try just to use a little bit though, less residue that way and it lasts longer. But I really have to rinse it out good or else it will leave a residue. Some days I just wash my hair with water and look it looks pretty good for a bit. But it definitely needs a good washing. I try to use a hydrating shampoo because the ends get pretty dry, even tough my scalp is oily. I'm also trying to find the right shampoo for my hair type.

3. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I use shampoo because my hair tends to be dry and brittle without it. I'm intrigued with this olive oil shampoo.
    I'm a great fan of olive oil because I use it as a moisturizer on my belly when I was pregnant because
    I want it natural and some lotions are full of chemicals. It was really effective, I didn't have any stretch marks after giving birth.
    I will definitely check on this olive oil soap and shampoo.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have a look at iherb, they have a wide range of skincare and beauty products that are very affordable and mostly contain certified natural ingredients.
    Olive oil will naturally moisten your hair and scalp if it is a good quality soap. But you might be better off trying some pure castile soap for your hair. You can get it at health food stores and it doesn't cost a fortune. It is a gentle cleanser to which you can add a few drops of essential oil, such as rosemary or lavender.