Omo Soap Hand Washing

Discussion in Product Reviews started by tasha • Dec 3, 2015.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I have noticed that when I need to wash clothing by hand it doesn't really seem to come out clean. Omo is a well known brand that has not really worked too well and the stains remain even though it is said to be the best I have noted that it doesn't work

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Omo is a brand I'm very familiar with, which goes way back! I haven't used it lately, so I don't know how good or bad it is. I tend to use Sunlight washing powder, and find it's very good. I like that it's very good and foams up nicely. I also really like Ariel, but it can be a little pricey.

3. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Sunlight we use and it is for dishwashing which I swear by because you don't have to use a lot and it lasts for a longer time then the cheaper brands. Omo used to be good but it seems to have deteriorated in quality for some reason. I will look around for sunlight washing powder and I have seen Ariel but only used the washing machine one.

4. Lushlala

Threads:
    Yes @tasha, there was a time when Ariel was strictly for machine washing. But they've now introduced the hand washing version and it's brilliant! -and what's more, you can get it in South Africa :)

Have a look:

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of OMO. I don't think they sell it here in the United Ste3es. It sounds like a brand maybe I would use if they sol it here. Someimes we miss out on things sold in other countries, but it might be something that those from the US could find on Amazon.com, they seem to sell everything.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Me too I haven't heard of OMO. I use Woolite for hand washing any clothing. I like Woolite for it has a special Woolite Dark for blacks and other dark color clothes to keep them looking like new.

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    I'm not surprised you aren't familiar with Omo products, because I think they may be available only in Southern Africa. It's a South African made product, and has the usual other products like fabric softener, washing powder, gel tablets for the machines etc They're a very old brand and are actually very good. I grew up using them.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have never heard of Omo and Sunlight, but I am familiar with Ariel, it is quite expensive indeed, so we don't use it often and we just buy Pride instead.

9. Lushlala

Threads:
    Both are well known South African brands. I never saw the in the UK either, @sidney@sidney.
    I think it's unique to Southern Africa. Ariel is more universally available , so I'm not surprised you are familiar with it.

10. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have known OMO since I was in elementary school and it is a household name. I have used it on numerous occasions with satisfactory results. The latest version released is OMO With Powerfoam and OMO Multiactive. But I have always felt constrained to use bar soap for better results.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate hand washing clothing! Whenever I need to hand wash I will use a lot of Vanish beforehand to make sure stains get out more easily and I don't have to scrub and suffer so much. But in general I will put everything on the washing machine and let it do its work....

12. Lushlala

Threads:
    @isabbela....I too absolutely hate hand washing clothes! Sadly, we can't have a washing machine installed because our apartment is so small....grr! So I just get someone in to do it for me LOL Just as soon as we can move into a bigger place, I'm getting that washing machine :) -and I can't wait.

13. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't hand wash many clothes nowadays, since I'm not working. When I worked in an office, I hand washed a lot of clothes so I didn't have to encounter the chemicals the dry cleaners used. Nowadays, I just throw everything together into the washing machine and usually the dryer, although sometimes I will line dry a few items. When I was evacuated from Hurricane Ike, the house I was staying at didn't have a washer or dryer, so I hand washed and line dried everything. It was a pain, but there didn't seem to be any laundromats in the area. I love Woolite, although it can be a bit pricey sometimes, so when I used it frequently, I'd purchase a few whenever I'd see it on sale, to save money.