Oneplus One, Thoughts?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by xHysteria • Jan 25, 2015.

1. xHysteria

xHysteriaNew Member

Threads:
    The OnePlus One is the brand new "flagship killer" phone that demolishes companies like Apple and Samsung, creating their own high-end phone with killer specs for only a fraction of what Apple or Samsung charges at a low price of $299.

I've been looking into this phone for a while now, and it's safe to say it it's definately better than my current iPhone 5, spec wise and look wise. The shape and designs are super sexy, and the insides of the phone are capable of SUPER-HD gameplay. (3GB of RAM, with a 2.5GHz 810 Snapdragon CPU)

Have you heard of this phone, and what are your thoughts?

Here is the website link:

2. Aasif Khan

Aasif KhanMember

Threads:
    It is flagship killer alright. It is a critically acclaimed phone and the best option under $300. But a new model called Oneplus 2 is releasing soon. I am not sure about the price but it is definitely planning to kill the current line up of flagships. I suggest you wait for a few more weeks.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure OP knows hat by now, considering it's over six months later. The OnePlus One wasn't a critically acclaimed device because it did suffer and continues to suffer from software problems. However, everyone loved the flagship-level hardware at a budget price, that's for sure. The OnePlus Two will be more expensive than its predecessor, perhaps by as much as $150.

4. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    It wasn't that spectacular. A phone brand from my country sells these for around $95 and they last more than 2 years. The sole disadvantage is that you don't have excellent customer support like those other renamed companies do.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been looking into getting one and after seeing the reviews it does seem like it is able to keep up with the top of the line phones that are out now. From what I've heard it seems like there are little to no complaints for it other than a few nitpicks on the available software but for the most part it seems like a great option for getting a highly powered phone for half the price of what you'd originally have to spend.