Online Banking

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by whnuien • May 4, 2014.

1. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Is anyone of you using online banking service?

So far I'm so satisfied with online banking service provided by my bank. They will send me a message right away when I purchase anything from a shop using my prepaid debit card. They also send me a pin number to my phone when I'm purchasing something online where I have to enter the pin number to proceed the purchasing. I feel much safer this way and I'm very happy to be able to check my account activity every single day through my online banking.

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    My main bank is a brick and mortar bank, but I am able to do much of my banking online. I also deal with ING direct (now tangerine). I have always been pleased with their services. My main bank clearly is not pleased and charges a huge amount of money to move funds to or from ING to it so I have to physically walk up to a bank machine withdraw cash on one account and deposit in another in order to avoid fees but other than that, online banking is good.

Security is always a concern but I make a point to try to keep my anti virus software up to date and to check the URL of the site to make sure I am on the legitimate page.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I've never heard of being able to be sent a PIN for using a debit card online. That's quite interesting!

Otherwise, though, yes, I love online banking. I mostly appreciate being able to log into my account and check on it, day or night, without having to contact the bank directly.

4. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Online banking can be a great thing. It makes it super easy to handle your bills, check your balances, etc. It's nice that you can pull it up on your computer, your phone, etc.

5. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    Yes, I love it. It's a great way of keeping tabs of your finances which definitely comes in handy when you're in a store considering a large purchase. Before I set up my account I had to keep stopping by ATMs to check my balance. I didn't know it at the time, but my bank was charging me something on the side of three bucks every time I went to a non-bank ATM. Once I realized it, I immediately called my bank to help me set up my online account (they locked it due to inactivity because I couldn't remember the complicated password they gave me).

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Jessi, yes this service is provided by my bank called Public Bank especially for their customers who use their online banking service. When we sign up for online banking we have to provide our mobile number where the bank can send the identification number when making purchases online.

They also send a quick notification to our mobile phone using SMS when we pay using our card at any shops, restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, etc.

I believe every banks in my country (Malaysia) are providing the same service to their customers nowadays.

7. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    In the first few years of online banking, I was a bit skeptical since there was this security issue to consider. We were on dial up modem back then in the late 90's so I never availed of the service. When broadband was already mainstream, I started using online banking with a special account that requires no minimum balance. Just an annual fee that debits your account every anniversary. I say it has taken out loads of errands compared to banking old school.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried it yet, but my debit card provider offers it. I have no use for online banking yet since even if you're not enrolled in the service they still allow you to send money through over the air transactions, so I have no plans so far in trying out that particular service as of now.

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We do pretty much all of our banking online, and with things being direct deposited, I feel like it's just as well that way. It's easy, convenient, we can check it 24/7. We get a statement emailed daily and then if there are any updates, security alerts, etc. that will be emailed as well.

10. PhilA

PhilAMember

Threads:
    I love online banking, I use it on my computer or on my phone on the move. It's secure, I need a pin to log in and sometimes I need to use a card reader device with an additional pin to send money to someone. I cannot think of anyway to waste more time then going up twon to my local bank, waiting in line then talking to someone. I will never do that again.

11. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm in the same situation, that my bank has a physical location but I do a good portion of my banking online with bill pay. Except that I find that I do use the ATM alot to get cash out. I was thinking of using a %100 online bank but worried about the drama of making deposits. I need to have access to my money easily without alot of drama.

12. Zikkled

ZikkledNew Member

Threads:
    I don't use any online-exclusive banking services. They seem a little fishy to me, despite the fact that they may be much more convenient and, well, private, but I really don't mind the privacy so much.

The bank that I use though, has an online banking service that's really great and even allows me to pay for my credit card through a simple online transfer from debit to credit. It's awfully convenient and I highly doubt I'll be switching banks any time soon.

13. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Online banking absolutely makes everything easier. Keeps your bills all intact and you can keep track of all your purchases and card statements. Never had any issues, so I at least up till now, I don't have any reason to worry about security of paying bills online.

14. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I use an online banking service with my bank. I trust them since I have been with them for around 10 years. It is very convenient to be able to look online and see how much money I have. I can even use my tablet or my fiancees phone to check it. I have thought of using an "Online only" banking service just so it would be harder to withdraw funds and easier to save money.But, I have not done so yet. I wanted to use the internet only banking system through ING direct before it become "Capital One 360". They payed a higher interest to you so it seemed more worth it when it came to saving money. I decided once they merged with capital one that I didn't really want to bank there though.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do both online and offline banking. Online banking has been a lifesaver because they send me notices when something happens with my account and I've caught charges and mistakes that I would have overlooked if I depended on going to the ATM to check my balance in person.

16. Canadianlover

CanadianloverMember

Threads:
    I use online banking with my main bank. I actually do most of my banking on my phone. The credit union I'm with is great and does not charge me anything. I have a savings account at Vancity as well, but I don't use it that much. It has more restrictions that reason being said. I'm satisfied with both of my banks and my main bank's online service is great.

17. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have five or six online banking accounts through various companies, and I have to say that I've never had problems with any of them. Online banking has improved greatly over the years, and that's a good thing for consumers. It's easy to log in, manage accounts, and then make changes whenever necessary. There are very few things you can't do in online banking that you can visit a brand for.

18. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have an online bank setup yet. Well, I have Paypal, but that doesn't really count. I need to get my digital certificate, which I have been planning to do for a few years now. I just can't bring myself to do it. My whole family uses the one provided by their banks, and they've never had any trouble with it. My mom even uses their mobile app, and it works like a charm!

19. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630Banned

Threads:
    I currently use online banking on both my credit cards. I find it's the easiest way to keep track on whatever goes in/out of my bank account. Also, it provides the most practical way of checking my bank account whenever i want to.

20. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    Since I shop online frequently and need to check that everything is in order on a regular basis, internet banking is the way to go. It only takes a few minutes and it's great that I can just access it from my laptop with ease. Saves a lot of time and effort, that's for sure and if someone were to hack my account I'd realize way earlier than if I relied on going to the ATM for statements or waiting for the one that comes by mail.