Online College

Discussion in Misc & Others started by LilAnn • Jun 10, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Hi! As of today I am officially a student at Ashworthcollege. It's remarkably cheaper than the university. As a matter of fact, I'm paying less than 1000$. That includes the books. Has anyone else gotten a degree from them? Is it as good as their website says it is?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Congrats on your new goal of going back to school. I have not heard of this school but I am sure you will be putting in some long hours and will learn something that you will be able to use to move yourself forward.

3. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Ashworth college is completely on line. They do everything from HS diplomas (not GED, but an actual diploma regardless of age) to bachelors, to career training (I'm doing career training for electrician), to paralegal, payroll, and on and on and on. It's $800-900 for everything, including the books, you can do it at your convienance, and I only have to pay $49.00 a month after a $10 down payment. The truth is I haven't found a bad side, but i have believe there is ALWAYS down side.

Ashworthcollege.edu

4. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I've went to school online at Thomas Edison State College. It is a very convenient way to complete your degree. It takes as much dedication as being in a classroom, but you can decide what time of day is best for your classes. I enjoyed it.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think all education is good, but with online courses people still are skeptical and it's whether the credits are counted for other courses if you transfer. You also have to be disciplined in studying and finding ways to interact with other students.

It also depends on what you study as more vocational courses may not be as good or suitable.
    Good luck. I'm taking a look. If I join, let me know your referral link as you get $50 for each person you refer.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I honestly have not yet heard of that online college. I'm currently limited to Udemy and EdX crash courses. In fact, I've already received a bunch of certificates after enrolling in various short-term SEO, writing and programming courses - some of which were free of charge. I do hope Ashworth lets you study at your own pace like the web academies I've mentioned.

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    They say the one I'm going for can be done in 4-6 months, but they'll give you as long as 8 (i think). I'm waiting for my materials to get here so I can get started!

I didnt know about the referral deal. That's an entire months payment! Lol
    The only downside (if I understood correctly) is you have so long to complete it, but you don't get the certificate, diploma, degree, or whatever until it is completely paid for. But 18 months of 49$ payments isn't asking too much considering what I'm getting in return. You pay so much more at the university here, (~ 1400$ a symester for what I was taking), and I did them online every chance I got.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's normal for any educational institution; if payment hasn't been received, you don't graduate. The referral link is worth posting, because the courses are cheap and I can do the graduate one at some point.

Do they give you an .edu email address though or do you use your own to communicate with tutors?

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have never tried enrolling for any course or degree online. I am one of those people who prefer real classroom interaction, but if it works for you then that is great to hear. Best of luck with your studies. :)

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good for you LilAnn, I hope you enjoy your studies. $1000 including materials is an amazing price, certainly the cheapest degree I've ever heard of. I suppose the fact that it is delivered online cuts out so many overheads which would be associated with traditional school attendance.