Online Computer Services

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by MrsJones • Apr 23, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ever used an online computer service to resolve technical issues with a laptop or desktop? If you or someone you know has, what were the reasons based on, was the service a recommendation to you, did you research the company? Were you satisfied with the outcome, or not?

(Technical issues like with Windows OS or computer performance is sluggish.)

2. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I personally have used an online computer service to resolve several technical issues with my laptop. My laptop had problems with the heat sink and whenever I would do activities like playing games on it, it would turn off in the middle of it. The reason I knew it was a problem with the heat sink is because whenever I put these low performance games it would get very hot and turn off immediately. I talked to my friend who works in the IT field and he recommended me to go to a website to tell them my issue, and I did pay to get advice but it wasn't a lot of money and I did research the company and it said it was trusted and other people have used it for expert advice. I was very satisfied with the outcome because they referred me to several tools and help me get rid of the problem, they told me that my heat sink could pretty much be filled with dust and it was preventing the air coming out to cool down the system. They told me how to solve it step by step and then eventually it got back to working normally with the maximum performance it should have, and I was pretty much happy with the service because it didn't cost a lot at all and I did get advice and help through the process and basically didn't have to take it to a shop to get it fixed and pay a lot of money.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Online computer services are worthless if you have another Internet-connected computer and a little technical know-how. The average person can fix basic software issues, and even hardware problems in some cases with the right resources. Paying a service to perform the same tasks doesn't make sense if you know a few basics about hardware and software.

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Kudos to those who have such technical know-how but there are many who don't. I happen to be one of those who don't which is why the OP.

You see so much advertising on the internet especially those that are flashing 'warning, warning, your PC is blah, blah, blah.' It makes you wonder if your PC really does need checked out.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never used online computer services and don't think I would either because if my PC actually has a problem and it's not software related then I'd find someone who knows how to repair PCs and have them check it out for me. It will save me time and money probably.