Online Convenience Over Immediate Gratification?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Kerrifl • Nov 15, 2015.

1. Kerrifl

KerriflNew Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer to shop online whenever possible, and I was wondering if there are a lot of people similar to me. I would much rather avoid the crowds and wait for a product to arrive than go to a brick and mortar shop and have the immediate gratification of leaving with that desired item in hand.

I live in a small rural community and I wish there were options for me to even have my groceries shipped to me but that isn't really an option for me without paying exorbitant amounts for my groceries.

So what are your thoughts, would you rather have the immediate gratification of leaving a store with item in hand, or be able to shop from the comfort of home and wait a bit longer to receive your desired item?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop in brick and mortar stores any time because I wouldn't save much if I bought everything online. Ours being a farming community, we can get better deals on produce here. The only things I regularly buy online are things which either cost a lot more here or aren't readily available.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind both, but if online shopping is only a recent convenience. Most people don't mind brick and mortar stores, but these days many don't have the full stock of items, that online are able to offer. That is an advantage; you can see what is on stock and what isn't.

I do like to get a bargain, but it's whether it's a practical purchase or one for fun.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never enjoyed shopping. It can't bring me down, but I don't like telling salespeople no lol. I know what I'm looking for, I know how to find things and I don't want anything else pushed on me, so yes, I much prefer shopping from home. It also means I can shop whenever I want and can browse forever if need be. And I don't have to say no again when they ask for my personal information. I have a hard time saying no to people who are smiling so big lol.

5. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    I'm somewhere in between on this one - mainly because - as how I choose to shop is generally based on which is the most cost effective and convenient method - there are advantages to both for me .

For example - although I love the convenience of being able to shop at any time of the day or night that I want to when shopping online and it is for some items - as I live a considerable distance from any stores - significantly cheaper to shop this way - especially as the savings on fuel and parking generally amount to far more - than the shipping costs.

Its quite the opposite when it comes to purchasing groceries or items that I want to check the quality or fit of before buying - as its actually way more cost effective and way less hassle for me to visit brick and mortar stores for groceries, clothing etc - simply because - they still have the advantage that online stores don't - in that - you get the opportunity to touch, feel, inspect or try on before parting with your money.